28; dither

The match passed without further incidents and the training camp was soon over. You called Oikawa in the evening but because he seemed somewhat in a bad mood, the talk took only about ten minutes.

On another day at work Iwaizumi showed up. The three of you actually wanted to meet but Oikawa said something urgent came up and couldn't make it.

"Stand still." the ace said with a straight face and pointed his phone camera on you. "Captain Idiot's order." and with that he took a photo of you in your waitress uniform.

Afterwards you showed him a free table, before you went into the back to end your shift. After changing and sitting down, the chief himself took your orders, which surprised you.

"How come you're our waiter? What about the new part-timer?" Tokugawa and you actually got along quite well, so you talked familiar with each other rather than formal and distant. You were a hard worker and he appreciated that. It was no secret to the employees that you were his favorite.

"Take it as a special treatment. So?"

The both of you ordered and Tokugawa left again. When he did, you couldn't help but sigh.

"I don't know why Trashykawa couldn't come." Iwaizumi already answered before you could ask.

"Don't read my mind!"

"You haven't seen each other much lately, haven't you?" at the quiet response he continued. "Don't worry, there's no one else for him. I caught him countless times, looking at your contact info, about to call or text you, but then deciding otherwise because he knows it distracts him from studying and training."

You hummed in acknowledge, but still didn't look to happy. You're well aware how important those things are, but it's still pretty hard. It doesn't feel as if you're in the same country.

Your beverages came and you sipped on it slowly. Iwaizumi felt bad seeing you like this, so he decided to change the topic. "Anyways, how was the training camp with Karasuno, is Kageyama doing okay?"

The first thing that popped in your head was indeed someone with black hair, though it wasn't Kageyama.

"What's wrong, did something happen?" the ace noticed immediately, your face betrayed you right away.

"I'm not sure, I think there was someone flirting with me. But I'll be careful!"

The eyes of the ace shot wide open, mouth agape. It took him a while before finding the right words he wanted to say. "Don't tell Oikawa."

He took a big sip from his coffee before continuing, "If you're saying that you'll be careful, then that means that you yourself regard him as a threat. Imagine what Oikawa regards him then."

"... I  don't know, after all I don't even know his name and the team was from Tokyo anyway."

"... Tokyo of all places..." he more or less mumbled to himself before he leaned back into his seat and thought for a couple of seconds. "Do you like him?"

"I have Tōru."

"And if you weren't going out?"

"What are you going on about, I wouldn't leave him for someone else!"

"Yeah I know, I'm sorry... But you're avoiding the question." there was a short silence before the ace talked further. "I'm not judging you, whether you do or not, I won't judge."

"I don't like him." and it was the truth. "It just felt kind of nice the way he treated me. I'm simply missing Oikawa."

Iwaizumi reached out his hand and patted your head. "It will be alright. He's currently having trouble balancing all the things important to him. That doesn't mean that you're less important, but rather that he trusts you wholeheartedly to wait for him and understand."

---

May passed by in the blink of an eye and suddenly it was June. The time when the Interhigh began.

The two matches on the first day went smoothly, Karasuno won and it was exciting watching them play so enthusiastically. The last time you saw a volleyball match was in middle school. The time when Kitagawa Daichi had played.
And lost.

And then it dawned to you. The following day in the next match, it would be Karasuno against Aoba Jōsei. And only one of them could win.

Who will you be cheering on?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[A/N]
I didn't forget! I just had important exams but today was the last one for the next months and I'm a little free *-* I need sleep, urgent.