12; in his dreams

I wouldn't call this a love letter since I don't love you. At least not as much as he does.
There is no need to confess either, since you love him back. Even though he has a girlfriend, it's hopeless for me.
So I'll support you.
I blame him. When you saw Oikawa kiss that girl, something inside of me hurt. Maybe in that moment I started to feel some kind of affection, or maybe it was just worry for a classmate.
It annoys me, every time you come to me because Oikawa did or said something.
Is that all I'm good for?
Even now while you write that letter you only think of him. Can't you just get together already...
Anyway this is pointless, whatever will happen happens.
I'll just concentrate on volleyball.

"Hey Kageyama, what are you doing?" you approached the ravenette that was spacing out until then.

"Are you free today? Let's go somewhere together!"

"Huh? Are you sure?"

---

Taking the last bite of your strawberry shortcake, you smiled at the person sitting in front of you "This café is really nice. I'm glad I went with you and not with Oikawa."

"Haha of course, maybe you should go out with me too instead of with him!"

---

You sat with Kageyama on the porch in front of the house you two own. Six little children were running around, occasionally giving you a hug.

"We're married for ten years now. See it was a good decision to marry me instead of that good for nothing." your husband said sweetly and around his neck was a medal for being the best setter in the world.

With a loud shreeking sound Oikawa sat up rashly, headbutting his childhood friend in the process. "Oow ow ow WHERE IS MY PHONE!"

"Oikawa wakes up and the first thing he does is make Iwaizumi angry..." Hanamaki remarked before Matsukawa tried to enlighten him as to what's going on.

"Listen, you-"

"PHOOONE!!!" of course, once Oikawa's like that he won't listen anymore until he gets what he wants.

"It's not here, we're in the infirm-"

"IWA-CHAN GIVE ME YOURS, YOU HAVE HER NUMBER RIGHT?!" he didn't even wait for a response and just snatched it from the male that was still rubbing his forehead.

He quickly searched for your entry and clicked the call button.

...

...

It took quite a while until the other line picked up but when it did the brunette turned white as a sheet.

"Iwaizumi-san? This is Kageyama, I picked up for her because she's-"

*beep*

*beep*

At the sound of that certain voice countless shivers ran down Oikawa's spine, throwing the phone across the room and grabbing the shoulders of his best friend. "SHE'S MARRIED! SHE'S MARRIED TO TOBIO! AND THEY HAVE SIX CHILDR-"

After a punch the setter had calmed down greatly- or better, was almost knocked out.

"Iwaizumi, you'll just add to his damaged brain."
"No wonder he's like that." The two other third years snickered.

After Oikawa was conscious again and calm, his friends explained to him that he got hit hard at the head with a basketball during gym class because he was spacing out.

"So it was a dream? They're not together? ...on the other hand it probably would have been fun to snatch her away in front of his eyes..."

Iwaizumi's pissed look said it all.

"But then why did he pick up her phone?"

"Mmh... He was about to say it but I ended the call before he was able to."

"Well we won't know now anymore." Iwaizumi hissed at the setter, holding up his smashed phone.

"Iwa-chan, that's not what's important right now, is it. Please don't be that selfish when others are in serious pain- OWwowow!"

---

Carefully, Kageyama placed your phone back to your desk as if not to wake you but after a yelling student came in his effort was in vain.

"Mmh...?" still a little drowsy you raised your head just to see your classmate standing right before you.

"Someone called, the caller ID said 'Iwa-chan' but ehm... the other side ended the call pretty quickly so maybe..."

"You think it was Oikawa?... haha and you out of all people answered, well can't be helped, I'll clear things up with a text, don't worry..." you guessed he would go back to his seat as you started typing into your phone but he didn't. He still stood before you.

"...Are you free? After school?"