We Love you didi

A fire burns in the back of a room filled with candles and two children's pictures on the walls. It is three o' clock in the afternoon, but the house is dark and murky for that time of day.

Sitting on her favourite chair is nine-year-old girl called Dian. She looks solemnly at the floor she often played on.

Dian's dad, a fifty-four-year old man with knobbly knees and a stoic expression kneels down and taps her on her knee.

"You have a gift Dian and we can no longer hold you back. It's time for you to leave this place and master your skills."

Dian nods.

"Mr Jeal will take good care of you. He will see that you get the best education and that you use your gifts for good ok?"

Dian looks around the dark room.

Dian, her dad and her six-year-old sister Julie are all sitting quietly in the small room.

"Will you come and visit?" Dian says quietly.

Dian's dad shakes his head. "I can't Dian."

Dian nods knowing the reason why. Julie gets up from her chair and places her head on Dian's knee.

"Bye Didi. I will miss you very much." Dian strokes her sister's bushy hair that has one single braid in it. A tear begins to fall from Dian's eyes.

Dian's dad gets up and pats her on the shoulder. "Don't cry my love, this is best for all of us."

A car pulls up in front of the house. Dian's dad walks over to get her bag and teddy bear and opens the front door. Julie kisses Dian's knee and follows her dad to the door.

Dian slowly gets up and looks around the dark wooden room. She takes it all in before following her them outside.

Dian can hear her dad talking to a tall man. The man looks like an academic professor. He's wearing a tweed-like jacket, a bow tie, strange long shoes and has hair that is short and ruffled. 

The man smiles at Dian as she walks out of the house towards them. 

"Ok young lady, next stop is Planet Zor. Where all your dreams are more than possible." The man says and opens the car door.

Dian stops and turns to look at the house she once called home.

"It's for the best Dian." The man says smiling at her dad.

Dian turns away from the house and gets into the car but just before he can close it, she quickly hops out and hugs her dad tightly. Dian's dad bends down and gives her a big hug.

"It's going to be ok." He says rocking her back and forth. "It's all going to be ok. Mr Jeal will take good care of you."

Dian's dad slowly let's go, and wipes the tears from Dian's eyes. She carefully gets into the car, as Mr Jeal gently closes it and walks over to the driver's seat. Dian rolls down the windows and blows a kiss to Julie.

Julie catches the kiss and places it carefully into her small pocket.

"I won't forget you Didi... we love youuuuu!" Julie shouts with everything she can muster.

Dian's dad takes Julie by the hand and waves goodbye to Dian.

The car slowly drives off onto the dusty road to take Dian to a place she will soon call her home.

//

Dian has arrived at a strange planet which is bright and full of natural daylight, something her eyes are not used to.

Mr Jeal places a mask over Dian's face to help her breath and gently ushers her out of the car.

There are banners everywhere with weird writing on it. She doesn't understand any of it but gets a sense that this is a very different to home. She quickly holds onto Mr Jeal's hand who is right beside her.

"We are nearly there Dian and you will get to rest." Mr Jeal says holding her hand and small suitcase.

They both walk inside a tall glass building. A little girl runs over to them.

"Good evening Mr Jeal."

"Good evening Liza-Tyan."

"Is that her?" The little girl says staring directly at Dian.

Mr Jeal nods.

Dian looks at Mr Jeal and then at the little girl who looks different to anyone she's ever met before. The little girl has long wavy purple hair, champaign coloured skin and big eyes. Dian doesn't understand who she is and holds onto Mr Jeal's hand tightly. 

All of a sudden the little girl grabs Dian and gives her a big hug, Dian quickly pushes her off.

The little girl stares at Dian intensely and at Mr Jeal.

"She smells like, like wood. Not the Zor one but the Earth one. I think we're going to be really good friends."

"I think you are too." Mr Jeal says and continues to walk Dian to the opposite end of the building.

"Dian I know there is a lot to take in but you'll get used to this soon. You're on Planet Zor now and things are very different here. You, little one are going to be given the best education here and then later you'll enrol in our fight school when you reach fifteen." Mr Jeal bends down and looks directly at Dian. "Dian you are safe here, there are no bad guys or bad women here. You will get to meet new people from different planets and hopefully make new friends and remember I am always here." Dian looks into Mr Jeal's small brown eyes, she can tell he's telling her the truth. "Ok Dian let's go." He says as they walk inside a see-through elevator. "It's all going to be ok, you'll see Dian."