That explains it

Dian and Liza are in Mrs Draker's pre-fight analytics class. 

"Ok class, everyone will have their first meeting with their selected partner in the next two days." Teacher Draker says.

I always have trouble understanding what she says." Liza whispers to Dian.

"Yeah me too. She's from the planet Awy and they have that strong Awy accent."

"Is it rude to say I hate it. The fact that she cannot pronounce the letter N or I is annoying not to mention she shouts almost every other word." Liza says.

"Stude-ts please remember you have bee- pa-red on PURPOSE and -t's -ot the t-me to wh-e, compla- OR SEE -T AS A HOOK UP." Teacher Draker says looking around the room filled of 50 plus students.

"You are o- th-s course to f-ght i- a -umber of d-ffere-t f-elds. For some of you that's f-ght-g -- the lab, some -- THE F-ELD. In the war zone or l-ke me -- the classroom, wh-ch -f me must say -s THE R-SK-EST PLACE OF ALL." Teacher Draker chuckles as the class stare back unimpressed by her joke.

"Some of you may have expressed your d-sl-ke for your PART-ERS or -- some cases part-ers for those pa-red in threes, but - ca- assure you that dur--g th-s PROBAT-O- PER-OD A-YTH--G CA- CHA-GE. -t can work out or -t may -OT, but trust us, we know what we're do--g. We k-ow your STRE-GTHS and WEAK-ESSES."

Dian looks over at Liza and rolls her eyes in response to her speech.

"Ok that's it. You're ALL D-SMISSED."

An attractive guy with blue trousers and a fitted shirt taps Liza's shoulder. "Hey Liza."

Liza turns to see that its Michael.

"So, I think you know I got you and you got me."

Liza giggles in response.

"So I was thinking we could grab something to eat, you know so that we can get to know each other a little bit more. What do you think?"

Liza giggles again.

Michael looks at her strangely. Dian sees Liza's dissent into weirdom and quickly walks over and interrupts.

"Hi, my name is Dian. I'm Liza's friend and yes she'll be happy to meet up with you."

"Thanks. I'll call you." Michael smiles which sends Liza into another fit of giggles.

"Get it together, he's just a guy." Dian says taking her by the hand.

"I know but he is soooo cute and foine. I could hardly get my words out." Liza says tapping her tongue. "Thank you for coming to my rescue."

"No problem, let's go." Dian picks up Liza's bag from the floor.

"So when do you get to meet your partner?"

"I don't." Dian says annoyed.

"What?"

"Yeah we go straight into training and I'll meet him then."

"Really, no pleasantries? No finding out what he likes to do or what he likes to eat?"

Dian shakes her head. "No, maybe it's better that way, you know we can keep this strictly professional and plus I still don't know why I've been chosen out of the whole class to be paired with him."

"There must be a reason."

"Yeah, they hate me."

"No not that silly it's because you have those lovely tight curls in your hair.

Dian stares blankly at Liza.

"Ok I was just trying to lighten the mood but really they must really rate your skills." Liza says. "Also I found out some info about your new partner. He's from the Planet Vingt and they are built to kill. That's just how they look."

"So that explains it."