T W E N T Y - F I V E

Start from the beginning

I shrugged "I have no idea" 

"I'll tell you why" She stepped forward and her guards followed "It's because I was born and raised in France and so was your mother..." 

I winced at the mention of my mother and Greyson noticed, giving me a look of concern. 

Lord Dahl came out of nowhere and addressed the Queen 

"My Queen" he kneeled "Perhaps it's best if we have this conversation on the morrow. The Princess has had a long evening and might reactive negatively to anything you have to say tonight" 

She contemplated for a minute before nodding 

"You might be right" she said "Lead the Princess to her chambers" 

"Your Majesty" he said quietly "Before I do that, I have to mention that we have a slight problem" 

She raised an eyebrow "Which is what?" 

Lord Dahl glanced at me before his gaze met the Queen's 

"It seems that the Princess is engaged to the Wolf" 

There was a loud gasp before whispers erupted like crazy 

The Queen's eyes snapped to mine "Is this true?"

I nodded, linking my fingers with Greyson's

Her eyes zeroed in on motion 

"Well," she gave us a thin lipped smile "Then we must prepare some better accommodations for the engaged couple"  

She snapped her fingers and three young girls with bluish skin tones immediately rushed to her side. 

"Would you be so kind to clear and prepare the third floor for my petite-fille and her fiancé" she asked in a no nonsense tone "Oh, and please provided them with appropriate clothes. They can't be walking around the Faevhalla Court in those atrocities" 

"Right away Your Majesty" they curtsied before scurrying off

"So you accept him your Majesty?" Lord Dahl asked from his kneeling position "You deem him worthy enough for the Princess?"

"My decision is yet to be decided" she answered, critiquing Greyson as he stood by me "As you said, it's best to have this conversation on the morrow" 

He nodded before standing up and bowing to the Queen. 

She walked away from us, her guards surrounding her once again. 

Before she disappeared completely, she paused and looked back at me "It would be best if we met tomorrow to discuss your stay in Faevhalla"