Tell Me, Please

Erin was finally released from the hospital. She had to be on pain medicine, and the doctors told her to take it easy for a couple more weeks. Since Erin was better, they had to go to court and prove their innocence. They all got off easy, and even Johnny didn't have to go to jail.

Once all of that was over Darry made her go to school, just like Ponyboy had said. Ponyboy had been in school for about a week and his grades were dropping. She figured he would be doing better since Johnny and Dally didn't die, but that concussion must have really taken a hold on him.

She had been in Tulsa for four weeks. She has been all around town with the boys. She'll go to the movie with Ponyboy and Johnny, the DX with Soda and Steve, she'll cause mischief with Dally and Two-Bit.

"Ugh!" Ponyboy, Johnny, and Erin were walking home from school since Two-Bit and Steve we're both busy and couldn't drive them. "Mr. Syme's is making me write a paper to get my grades up."

"Oh man. That's horrible. What about?" Johnny asked him.

"Life experience. It can't be made up or already done before."

"Your first trip to the zoo," Erin laughed. Ponyboy stopped. Erin turned around to look at him. "You coming?"

Ponyboy ran up to her and grabbed her shoulders. "Do you know what I write about?" He practically shook her.

"Jeez, calm down. Yes I do. But I'm not telling."

"Please!" Pony pleaded, dragging out the 'e'. "Please, Angel."

"Sorry." Erin pushed him away. "You have to figure it out yourself. I can't tell." She then walked away with Johnny, making Ponyboy very annoyed. He caught up with them and kept begging Erin to tell him.

"Please," He asked as they walked through the door of his house. He did that all the way home. Erin kept responding with a "no" every time.

"Ponyboy," Johnny snapped, turning to face him. "She said no. Stop asking."

Ponyboy groaned and went to his room. Erin couldn't help but let out a small laugh. "He'll have the thing started tonight, I don't get why he's so worked up."

Johnny nudged her shoulder. "He just wants to be a cheater."

"Yep. And I'm not letting him know anything. He does good anyway."

"Yeah..." Johnny trailed off. He looked down, fiddling with his hands before looking back up. "Erin...I need to tell you something. I-" Suddenly, Two-Bit burst through the door.

"Hey! Anyone home!" He yelled, interrupting Johnny. He turned his attention to the couch when he noticed them. "Oh, hey." He smiled and gave them a small wave. "What's happening?"

"What are you doing here?" Johnny said through grit teeth. "I thought you were busy." He wanted to so badly to kick Two-Bit out of the house. To tell Erin how he really felt. But now he had to wait.

"I was. I'm not now, so I decided to drop by. Where's little Curtis?"

"His room. I think he's mad at me for not telling him what he writes about for his theme." He's not the only one who's mad, Johnny though.

"Eh, he'll get over it. So what are we going to do today." Johnny wanted to take Erin to the lot. But he wanted everything to be perfect, not him still being mad at Two-Bit while he walks there. And Erin would know something would be bothering him. So, again, he is going to have to wait.

"I don't know." Erin shrugged her shoulders. "I do know that I'm starving." Erin stood up and walked into the kitchen. She rummaged through the fridge, looking for anything to eat. "Do you guys want something to eat?"