The Start of a Friendship

Erin got to know the boys even more that night. They talked, played games, and did anything random. They asked her a bunch of questions about her home life and where she lived. When talking about her family she was completely honest. She told them her parents were really nice and so was the rest of her family. She told them about how she lived close to all her family. About how she lived sort of out in the country part of her town.

"Seems like you had a good life," Two-Bit stated. "I don't get why your parents would just drop you off here."

Erin shrugged and brought her knees up to her chest. "I don't know why either. I thought they loved me. But clearly I was wrong." She was trying to be sad. Trying to make it look as believable as possible.

"I'm sorry if I made you feel bad. I didn't mean to," Two-Bit said. Erin looked up at him. He had a frown on his face but when Erin looked up he turned it into a little grin. Hoping it would cheer her up.

"It's fine. You were just curious." Erin stood up from the couch. "Um...where am I going to sleep?"

"Oh, you can sleep in my room. I sleep with Pony." Pony shot Soda a glare. He didn't want his brother telling a pretty girl that he still had to sleep with his brother. Soda noticed and said, "It's fine, Ponyboy. I'm sure she will understand." He then went on to explain that Ponyboy had nightmares and Soda sleeping with him helped calm him down.

Of course Erin wouldn't judge Ponyboy for that. She already knew and she understood completely. Pony had a good reason to need his brother. He wasn't a baby, she knew that.

"Come on, I'll show you to the room and get you some clean clothes," Pony said, standing up and walking to Soda's room. Erin followed behind him as he showed her the bedroom. He then left and went to grad her some clean clothes. She looked at herself in a mirror. She would need a whole wardrobe of clothes.

Pony came back a minute later with a t-shirt and shorts. "Sorry, we don't have any girl clothes, and you're just going to bed, so these are the best we could do. They should fit...there mine. I figured they would fit better than Soda's or Darry's."

"It's fine, Ponyboy. I don't mind wearing boy clothes. I've had to wear my cousins clothes before so I'm good," Erin said with a smile. That was true. Erin didn't have any siblings but she did have lots of cousins, and she would end up wearing one of cousins clothes when she would go outside at her grandmas.

Pony just nodded and left the room. Erin then changed into the clean pair of clothes and crawled into bed. She was tired after the day she'd had.

...

The next day Erin decided to have fun, despite all her worries. That morning, when she got up, she decided to look at her book. She realized that her name was in it! She had hardly done anything and her name was already in it. But when she read on its like she just disappeared. Her name was no longer there.

She decided to push the worry away. She had to meet with Dally later to go see that movie. She already knew what was supposed to happen tonight and she wanted to change it. She wanted to make Pony not get hit, she wanted them to avoid the park. She had full confidence in herself that she could prevent it.

Hours went by and finally it was time to go. Pony, Johnny, and her all walked to where Dally told them to meet. At the corner of Picket and Sutton. The place where everything started.

"What are we going to do?" Pony asked Dally.

"Nothing legal," Was Dally's response. He then began to walk down the street and they all followed suit. They walked to a little store, went inside and goofed around as Dally tried to steal stuff. But at one point he called Erin over.