Bad Feelings

The next day Erin woke up in her room with the same dirty clothes on. She sighed and looked at the clock. It was 8:45 and the house seemed pretty quiet. She grabbed a clean pair of clothes and ran to the bathroom. She hopped in the shower and washed all the grim and dirt off. Once she was out, she felt a lot better and less tired.

She walked into the living room and seen Two-Bit, Johnny, and Ponyboy sitting on the couch. "'Bout time. First you sleep all day, then you take a half hour shower."

Ponyboy smacked him. "Oh hush, Two-Bit."

Erin laughed. "It's fine, Pony." She then stuck her tongue out at Two-Bit before going into the kitchen. Her wet hair bounced as she walked. When she got into the kitchen, she seen a plate already made for her that was wrapped in plastic wrap. She took the plastic wrap off, threw it in the trash, and walked into the living room.

"You boys ready for the rumble?" Two-Bit asked.

"I guess. I got a bad feeling about tonight," Ponyboy said. Erin was confused. Why would he have a bad feeling? She saved Johnny, he doesn't die, so he shouldn't have a bad feeling.

"We'll be fine, Ponyboy," Johnny said. "Don't worry about it."

"Yeah, Pony." Now Erin was trying to convince him. But it was like she was trying to convince herself more than him. "We will be okay. Everything's going to be fine."

Boy, they couldn't have been more wrong.

...

To pass time, they all went out town. At one point, Randy and his gang stopped them before they could entered a store. He asked to talk to Ponyboy. Erin noticed one of the guys with him, and he noticed her. He tapped his buddies shoulder and said something Erin couldn't make out before looking in her direction. He smiled at her seductively like he did that night Bob died.

Erin shuttered. She wanted to tell Two-Bit, but he wasn't there that night. So turned to Johnny and poked his arm. "Johnny, that's that guy from that night."

He looked over in their direction and back at Erin. "Come on," He grabbed her hand and pulled her inside the store. Two-Bit stayed outside and watched them, making sure Ponyboy was okay.

"Hey, it will be okay. You want a Coke or something? It might make you feel better."

She nodded her head repeatedly. "Y-Yeah. Yeah. That would be nice. Thanks, Johnnycake." Johnny walked off to buy the Coke's right when the Socs came in. Shawn, the Soc that got Erin, came over to her.

"Lookie here, David," He purred. "Here's my little girl all alone." He put a finger under Erin's chin to make her look up at him. "Guess what, sweetheart. We're going to get what we want. And what we want is for your little friend in here to get what he deserves." He smiled devilishly at her before putting his face in hers. "Do you know what he deserves?"

Erin backed up a bit, but he grabbed her. "Well you'll find out later, doll." He then let go of her and walked off. Erin stared at the door with pure terror. What would they do him? Is this what Ponyboy was talking about when he said he had a bad feeling?

She turned around when she heard Johnny. "Johnny, you can't go to the rumble! They're after you! Please, you can't go!" She pleaded.

"Woah, hold on there, Angel." He sat the Cokes down in the floor. "What's going on? What happened?" He put his hands on her shoulders to steady her, but Erin ended up hugging him.

"The Socs came in and told me that they want you to get what you deserve. That they always get what they want. They said I'll find out later what that meant." Johnny held her as she told him what happened. Erin was crying now. She pulled away a little and looked him in the eyes, but their arms were still around each other. "Please, Johnny, you can't go. I don't want you to get hurt!"

"Don't worry, Angel. I'll be all right, okay." He wiped away a few tears from her face. "Don't cry, now. Everything will be okay. I promise."

Just then Two-Bit poked his head in. "Hey, you two, come on! Quit making out and get out here!" That made them both blush. They both pulled away away, grabbed their Cokes, and walked out the door. Erin let out a shaky breath. She was teary eyed and a bit pale. Johnny wrapped an arm around her shoulders for comfort. "You all right, Erin?" Two-Bit asked her.

"Yeah." She sniffled. "I'll be okay."

She knew she'd be okay. But would Johnny? Johnny was the only thing she was worried about.

...

Later in the day Erin came clean to all the guys about her secret from being from the future. They were all a little taken aback by it, but once Erin showed them the book that Dally gave back to her (the book was in his car during the fire, so he had it) and when Pony, Johnny, and Dally all backed her up, they finally believed her.

After all that commotion, it was finally time for the rumble. Erin was a nervous wreck. She couldn't help but think about what Ponyboy had said earlier. And the Socs only added on to that worry. They are going to do something tonight, she kept thinking.

They were all getting ready to walk out the door when Dally asked, "Erin, you want to come?"

Erin was tempted to say yes. She wanted to so badly, but earlier Darry gave her a talk. He said it was too dangerous for her to go, and that she might be needed at home when they got back, so it was best for her to stay. "No," She finally said. "It might be best I stay home."

Dally shrugged. "Suit yourself. You'll miss all the good stuff." Then they walked out. Johnny was the last to leave. He gave her a small smile before walking out. It didn't calm Erin's nerves at all.