Chapter 18. a camp full of tech

Once we got back from the gym some of us headed to the volleyball court in the back. I was watching in case a dragon tried to grab any of them, but before you know it my captor decided to land next to me. "Please tell me that dragon already has a hatchling," one of them said to me. 

"I'm her hatchling don't worry," I replied. She held me to her chest before saying: "I think it's time you meet my mate and son." That's when I felt a snout to my back. I turn around to see the 2 she mentioned looking at me.

"So this is the kid you choose? You seem to recognize a good heart when you see one, but how do I know if this has changed him to my will," he said to her. I revealed my black scales and claws to him. "Good claws, your scales are fine. His eyes haven't changed color yet, but it's been less than 2 months still. I expect a bold orange once it's done, right now they're just yellow," he said to me.

"Wait my eyes changed color!" I said. I pull out my phone and open up the camera to find my eyes a fiery yellow. "How have I never noticed. Xavier did you ever notice, you recognized what my eye color was before I was turned right?" I asked. 

"I did but I never said anything," I replied.

I put my phone with my shoes before transforming into a dragon and laying next to her. "You knew what I was going to say," she said to me. "So, you're the shifter that I've heard about" I heard another voice say. I turn around to see their son laying next to me.

"You must be their son, soon we'll have some quality time together," I said to him as I put my wing over his back. 

"Yeah, we have a lot to learn about each other. But for now, let's just savor the moment," he said to me. 

"Yes, let's just savor this," his father said to me as he laid next to him.

That's then Xavier snapped a photo of the 4 of us with his phone, which had controllers built into the sides. "Xavier, what are you doing?" I asked. 

"Just snapping photos. It's just a good moment to see the 4 of you like this" he said to me. I decided to get comfy on the grass, figuring I'd be out here for an hour or 2.

After half an hour I saw something flying overhead. "Ok, whoever's nit a shifter might want to get inside!" Franklin said to them. I tried to get up in case it went for a swoop, but she started to let out a slight growl. 

"If it happens, let it happen, Nathan. You know there are no downsides to it," she said to me. 

"I agree, your not who you used to be. You're a shifter now and I'm glad to care for you as if you were my son," he said to me. It soon flew off, for now, I didn't have to fight what seemed like a newfound family. I never knew my actual mother at all and not much about my father, I never met them both. But now I felt like I had ones that cared because their DNA is in me after I got turned.

After another hour I started to feel tired. So did Xavier as he headed inside. "I'm going to head inside if that's fine with you," I said to her. They let me get up as I transformed into my human self. I grabbed my lanyard and phone, then I put my shoes on before heading inside.

Once I got into my room Xavier was right behind me about ready to pass out on the floor. "You're going to come to lay down Nathan?" He asked. 

"Yeah, let me get my shoes and phone off my person before I lay down with you" I replied. After I did I turned the lights off, turned to my dragon form and laid on the floor ready for him to lay in my curl.

"Nathan, stand up real quick," he said to me.

"Ok, I don't know why because you said for me to lay down," I replied. I stood up to feel a familiar wrap being put around my torso and wings. "Where'd you get that?" I asked. 

"I found that on a crate in your room. Let me plug it in," Xavier replied. The wrap started to warm up as I laid down again. Xavier then laid down next to me. My tail curling towards his feet and my head laying next to him as he laid his tail on my back.

I soon dozed off as my brain activity went to the back. The setting of my dream was in a forest. The sound was natural but my body looked different. My voice was somewhat replaced by a buzzing or clicking sound. I didn't see anyone else around till I saw rustling in the bushes. 

"Like the new body? She would rather have you like this but I know how much you try to stay as human as possible, even if you wanted to be a shifter," I heard Xavier say. My body looked like it did when my last dream ended. Xavier then stepped out from the brush looking as if my emotions were about to be put to the test. 

"If you had that form outside this dream you could just hide it. No one would know other than us," he said to me. 

"Why would I hide something that makes me what I am, what make me human," I replied.

"Others might think different of you Nathan," he replied.

"You know I'm not like that," I replied.

"Did you talk to your grandma about the DNA injection?" He asked me.

"Yeah, she says she wouldn't recommend it for me, that I might not be the same person anymore," I replied.

"So she's ok with it?" He asked me.

"She knows that her decision is pointless if Xol and Dol have their way with me, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make to keep them on our side," I replied.

We played for maybe 2 hours before Xavier woke me up. "Xavier it's still nightfall why now?" I asked. 

"Sorry, I have to use the bathroom," he replied. I laid my head back down to sleep as I needed more then he did. The heated wrap was still on, only helping me fall asleep faster.

"Nathan, get up" I heard someone familiar say. I open my eyes to find myself at a beach with Jasmine looking over me. 

"Hey Jasmine, how's the rest of the family doing?" I asked her as I put my scaled arms around her. 

"Oh come on Nathan, you're part of the family too," she replied. I got up off of the sand as I looked around for the others.

"Jasmine where's the others?" I asked. 

"That's for you to find out" she replied. It took a bit for it to register before I realized what was going on. 

"I see what's going on. I think I know where Daniel's hiding," I said to her as I looked at a pile of Infested on the ground.

I went over to the Infested only to have 2 arms pull me into it. I look into her eyes as her name comes to me. "Isabelle, why would you hide your name from me?" I asked her as she put her arms around me. 

"Nathan, you're more than someone that my children look up to, you're my love," she said to me. I felt the same about her all of a sudden. Was it a spell from her venom, Or was I really in love? I started to intertwine my tail with her's until something poked me and I woke up.

"Nathan what are you doing? You dreaming about her." Xavier asked me. 

"You asked this why?" I replied. I looked at my tail and it almost wrapped around his. "Ok, so yes I was. I'm starting to feel love for her" I said to him. 

"From this, I'm going to say it was starting to get heated in a good way" he replied. I was about ready to blush, I thought it'd be an embarrassing thing to admit to anyone that knew I had contact with her. But the events happening in my life recently would likely not only make history but change the modern world.