Chapter 7. coils in its wings

Once night fell I was just glad to have a warm bed again. I'd been sleeping on rocks, dirt, even lab floors for the past few weeks. But as I was sleeping in bed, I felt something scaled on my chin. When I opened my eyes I saw that same snake that I did when I was there. 

She covered my mouth as she said: "so, we meet again. No need to be scared, all you need to worry about is that your home. Now when I uncover your mouth you better not scream ok?"

I nodded yes in compliance. at this point, I could care less if she was an actual snake. After she uncovered my mouth I whispered to her: "what brought you here?" She then hugged me and that's when I knew she came for me.

"Remember those nights we were together. You felt like the perfect match," she whispered in my ear.

"Let's just get some sleep. You might as well nick me with your fang, as you did back in Dimension X if you're staying the night," I whispered to her.

    Our dreams were interconnected as I was on that same couch with her right next to me. "Feels familiar, doesn't it." She said to me, trying to get me to cuddle up with her.

"Yeah, it sure does," I replied as I coiled up around her, but as I did I heard a voice. 

"Sleep well Nathan, Xavier will want to see you at some sort of camp his parents signed him up for," It said to me.

"Nathan I think those black colored creatures linked you when you were there," She told me.

"Here or back at that lab, I went too?" I asked her.

"You have them here too?" She replied in confusion.

After about 30 minutes, she slithered out from under me. I was able to turn into my other forms, she wasn't completely controlling the dream. So I turned partly human and as I did a white snake came on top of me, coiling around my chest and laid her head near my left wing. "Don't worry, it's me," It said to me.

That's when something woke us both up. 

"What was that?" I said to her. I look down the hallway from the bed and see my grandma in the kitchen taking a nausea pill. 

"Just your grandma, back to bed kiddo," she said to me. 

"You know that's my grandma how exactly?" I whispered to her.

"Just get down before she sees me," she replied. The rest of the night went without any problems, she seemed nice. Though she did talk about 4 children she took care of.

When I woke up the next day my grandma told me something that seemed a bit coincidental to what I heard last night. "Nathan, I know this is coming so sudden but seeing that you now have that dragon form. We thought it'd be a new experience for you too got to this dragon-shifter camp and get used to your new abilities," She said to me, handing me the flyer for the camp.

I've heard about the camps before. I had a friend in grade school that went to one. He was a dragon shifter from birth but before he left for the camp a Symbiote latched onto him. he freaked out at first, but he calmed down before it went crazy on him. When I first met him I thought his ability was, unique, but I wasn't one to want to be away from home for so long at that age. The black dragon though at that time made me feel safe whenever I was with it since it comforted me all these years.

"And this is supposed to be when?" I said to her. 

"Two days from now," she replied. That's when something was set into my mind, Xavier wanted to see me. 

"Carol, I'm going to meet up with Xavier I'll be back in a few," I said to her. 

"Just don't get too relaxed OK. At least Xavier knows when you need to head home," She replied.
Xavier seemed to conflict with what that hive queen was telling him and what his humanity was telling him, but it's nearly impossible to cut that link and it seemed like something was wrong with me as well. Because I could hear Xavier's voice without needing any of that odd crystal.