Chapter 2 assessment of the new world

"Who's poking me?" I said as I begin to wake up. I woke up to realize the dragon was trying to wake me up. As I look around the dragon was trying to get me to stand up and come with it. I came with it to the entrance of the cave and the surroundings looked just like a forest on earth, but completely untouched by man. "Wow this is beautiful and the air is so fresh," I told her. She then directed me to a shifter that was staying in her cave. His snow-white scales reflected some of the sunlight. When I sat down with him he started talking about what the dragon had in mind. 

"She's surprised at how long you kept this up. Your one of a kind and your form should reflect that in my opinion. But ultimately it's her scale color you're getting," he told me.

She then started to fly off again, but to where was unclear.

"Where's she going?" I asked him.

"I don't know, but I do know she was getting some children for some injured friends of her. They'll turn them and at least you won't be lonely," he replied. "I'm going to check on a friend of mine that's here. I'll be back in a few hours.

Suddenly I heard in a melodic tone: "Don't run you'll be fine and soon your troubles will be gone."

"What are you?" I asked the strange creature

"In time you'll know, but for now why don't we settle down," she replied as she tried to hug me.

I backed up a few steps before letting her hug. If I was going to be here anywhere from a few weeks to up to 2 years I thought I might as well get used to the creatures here.

"Where's your captor?" She asked me

"she went to get something; I'm not sure what though," I replied. I went not too far from the cave and laid in the grass in the sun. "Well if you're going to be staying with me for a while you might as well get cozy with me, I told her.

She laid down next to me as she said: "That's what I intended to do. I can't wait to feel those dragon hard scales against my own and your warm body too," she replied.

"Yeah, I bet any sort of reptile would love the warmth of a mammal, like me," I replied. She just looked at me in slight confusion and curiosity before snuggling up with me.

after a few hours, I heard the scream of a young girl and saw her heading back to us. "Oh well look at that, she's back," I told her. We headed in and I saw the girl calming down unusually quickly. "Well who are you," I asked her.

"My name's Lily, I was traveling across Asia and Oceania until I got grabbed in Tokyo," She replied.

The dragon then pulled me to her. I look up at her face and see the joy in her eyes. "It's time isn't it girl," I said.

"Where's she taking you?" Lily asked me.

"Wherever they take them to be hatchlings so that they can dawn their scales. I trust you'll be in safe hands with her," I replied 

"With who?" She asked me.

"With that snake creature over there. I'm sure she'll keep you happy and fed while I'm in the egg," I replied

She then carried me to an unusual location where I stayed through the night, but before I fell asleep I told her: "If you're going to put me in the eggshell, do it while I'm sleeping. At least I'll be unaware until I hatch."

After that, I wasn't sure what was happening outside of my mind. Like I asked of her she did whatever she did to turn me in my sleep. My body now constantly in pain, probably from whatever was taking place, my best guesses were that where the pain was, is where my body was likely turning to scale.