Chapter 14. a hold on my humanity

"Don't stress yourself, your only putting more strain on yourself," I heard something say to me. I look up to see Dol, his right hand holding onto a crystal rope connected to my collar. That's when I felt more at ease as the mind control attempt stopped. "Now then, let's see what you'll hold onto most. I've got a good guess but Xol wants to make sure," he said to me.

"If you had to lose a form, which one would it be?" He asked. 

"Well, if there's one thing I now seem to have a hard time holding onto it's what makes me human. But I'd still have my partly human form if I went for human so I guess the human form. I'd still be human in their eyes regardless," I said to him. He looked stunned, it was not a response he was expecting.

"Umm OK, then the next one. If you had a child, and you weren't a dragon shifter or turned by her. What another half would you rather have him or her end up as?" He asked me. 

"It's between dragon and whatever she is since neither of them has any downsides. But I guess the latter would be easier for him or her. If you're talking about it happening after birth," I replied. 

"I was thinking he or she was born like that in that scenario," he replied.

"Dol! I told you to wait on that," I heard him shout from another room. 

"But what about his joints and tissue. You know he had little to no connective tissue," Dol replied. 

"We'll figure that out later. He's bright I'll admit that" he replied. I wasn't sure what they had planned. But regardless, what mattered was that they weren't perceived as a threat.
That's when he started scratching behind my ear. It seemed to be an area that easily soothed me. 

"Why does that always fell good," I said as he directed me to a large indoor garden. The air smelled pure and the water was clear. That's when I saw something run through the garden. I chased after it from pure instinct, but after an hour it disappeared in front of me.

After all that running and flying I needed a drink. I went to the pond to get some water. When I took a drink it felt pure. 

"Do you think he's realized it yet," I heard one say to the other. 

"Doesn't look like it. I'll change his form" he replied. That's when I suddenly switched forms into my serpent form. Falling into the pond then crawling my way to the edge of it. 

"Didn't expect that and apparently, the collar's now a diamond in my skull," I said to them. 

"I'll say though it doesn't look out of place. Since you've got that purple color on the top of your head," Dol said to me. I look into the pond to see the purple design on my head. Something that I didn't see on David.

As I headed back to where they were. The architecture of the place was more clear to me. It was inspired by Muslim and Persian architecture. But in the garden, it was practically what you'd see in an American park. In the room that we were mainly in, it looked to be inspired by the Renaissance on the ceiling but the floor was unknown to me.

"Nathan, come here," she said to me under the dragon's wing. Once I sat down next to her, Daniel and David coiled up in my lap. While Nicole laid in her's. 

"Where's Jasmine?" I asked. That's when I felt something crawl behind me. 

"There she is," she said as she picked her up.

"Why don't we come a bit closer to her," I heard something say. That's when the Symbiote pulled her closer to me. 

"What was that?" She asked in fear.