3: Keith

My first day at Altea High wasn't what I was thinking it would be. I really quickly made friends with this girl named Shay. Apparently she had just moved here from Galra High and said that she had a boyfriend and he and his friends were really nice. We surprisingly had almost every class together, which made me suspicious, and we talked most of the day. She actually like Panic! At the disco and we listened to it most of math class. I was expecting people to be more hostile towards me, as Galra High continued to request rematches against Altea in any games they had, track, football, you name it.

When lunch came around, I was actually surprised to see that my mom had packed me a sandwich and some coke. She was really out of it. Not really responding to anyone after my dad's death. I had his name on the necklace I was wearing and a picture of me, Dad, Mom, Shiro, and Adam was my wallpaper. It told me that we were still a family, even with dad gone.

In my daze, Shay was talking to me, asking if I was okay. "Keith! Are you alright? You blanked out." I shook my head and nodded. "Yeah. I was just thinking." Shay smiled and pointed to the table far in the back. "That's our table. Come and eat with us." I smiled, well as much as I could, and followed her. I saw some kids, a pudgy brown skinned kid wearing yellow, a girl with glasses and orange hair wearing green, a tall lanky boy with chestnut hair brown skin wearing a green jacket and 2 brown skinned kids with white hair. 

"Guys this is Keith. Keith this is Hunk," She pointed to the boy in yellow. "Pidge or Katie," She pointed to the girl in green. "Lance," She pointed to the boy in the green jacket,"And Allura with her stupid cousin Lotor." Lotor sneered and smiled at Keith.

"Welcome to Altea High. My father is the principal. And this is my wonderful cousin Allura." Lotor pointed to Allura and she rolled her eyes and continued eating her food. I nodded and smiled back. "Shay said that." Lotor smiled at me, making me feel uncomfortable. I fingered the necklace around my neck. Shay directed me to sit next to Lance, who smiled uncomfortably in pain.

"You okay?" I asked. He nodded. "Yeah. I have surgery in a few days and I just got some anestetic that is making sure that my body doesn't react violently during procedure." I looked at him in wonder. I was over here greiving my dad and this boy was going through surgery. "Why do you keep on fingering that necklace?"

Lance looked closer and apparently he saw my dad's name, freaking out and standing. "I can't sit next to you." I looked at his stunned. The other's were looking and making a face at Lance. I didn't know if it was because of his behavior or why he acted on impulse. "Why not?" I asked. He pointed to my gold necklace. "The name. You're claimed." I looked at him before laughing out loud.

They all look surprised at my reaction, but it was kind of funny. "That's not my mate. It's my dad's name." LAnce sat back down, keeping a small distance away. "Why do you have his name on a necklace?" I swallowed some of my sandwich before replying. This part was always hard for me. They wanted me to explain why my dad had a necklace on my neck.

"He died earlier this year. It was from sexual shock. He was an omega and my mom an alpha and he was taking medication while having sex with my mom." It occured to me that I didn't know these people and I was already telling them my life story. 

After school, I was surprised to see Lance run up to me. "Keith!" Turning, Lance gave me a piece of paper. "I think you're cool and I want to see if you wanna hang out sometime?" Was this a date? It seemed like a date. My first day and I was already getting a guys phone number. "IS this supposed to be you asking me out?" He rubbed the back of his neck, his chestnut hair flopping in the summer wind. He blushed slightly before getting his composure back together.

"I guess?" I almost laughed at his voice. Putting my hand out, he put the phone in my hands and I put my number in, doing the same on my phone with his number. I handed him back his phone and he smiled. "I'll call you." Smiling, I nodded and walked back home.