Chapter - 18 (His Past)

(PS - Words or sentences in "italics" represents Kavya's thoughts and feelings at that moment.)

He can't do that.....conti....

"That's why he stays a-mile-away from girls and never does any favor for them, not directly." Priya was empathetic.
"But I've to agree with Sameer on one thing. You really mean something to him. The way he behaves with you, is ...different. We've never seen him like that ever before. Still I can't take the risk to suggest him for you." Sonia concluded honestly.

I quietly left them. Priya wanted to stop me but Sonia stopped her, "Let her go. She needs some time alone." 

I walked bare footed on the wet grass of the ground. Until now I knew only one girl in his life. But now I'm aware there're 2, the one he loves and the one he killed. He seems so innocent then how could he kill someone who loved him? He can't be that cold-hearted, can he?

Someone tapped on my shoulder, I turned with all speed.
"Hi Kavya..." Prem greeted courteously.
"Hello. How you know my name...?"
"I'm Prem Kapoor..."
"Nice to meet you Prem... Well I know almost everything about you two. But how you know me?"
He smiled gently at me. "You're her friend, right."
I nodded with eyebrows brought together in disorientation. So?
"So, it's my duty to take care of her close buddies."
He's totally crazy for her. I smiled. "What brought you here?"
Priya saw him too.
"Hi!" He smiled and handed a box to her. She gave a-I-knew-it smile.
"What's that?" I was eager.
"Her favorite perfume, right..?" She looked at him, smiling.
He nodded and grinned back, blushed actually.
"So?" Somebody tell me what's happening here?
"Nothing, it's out of stock in the whole town and she only uses this." He answered coolly.
"Then how do you get it?" I couldn't control my questioning mouth.
"He's the Prem Kapoor, Kavya. I told you when she needed something, he can make anything possible. It's just a silly-perfume." Priya said in admiration and he blushed again. That's really sweet.
"I must leave." 
"What! Don't you wanna meet her?" I'm sure you played delivery-boy just to see her.
"Yeah more than anything else, but she wouldn't be wishing the same. My face would fade her happy smile." He just left but his eyes revealed all his pain. Poor guy!

"Hey, you two are here." Sonia came searching for us and found that box. "OMG, He got that so fast!" She knew who brought that. How mean!
"He..? How you know that?"
She gave an its-obvious smile. "I know it's out of stock, Kavya. Only he could have arranged it."
How she could be so casual! That man's so sweet. What's her problem?

When she opened the box and took a long-smell, Prem also smiled to see her happiness. He was hiding behind the pillar. Now that's true love. I wish I could feel such dedication for someone someday. 
Don't you dare have his thoughts, he killed a girl who was in love with him. 

You're right. 

The day was over, but even after having a befuddling dinner I was unable to sleep. It was impossible for me to digest the fact that he killed her. Sharing wasn't enough I needed some serious answers. Every story has 2 sides, I needed to know the other side too. That made me sauntering in the corridor in the middle of the night.

"You're still awake." Viru came by.
"Hi."  
"Are you fine?"
"I don't think so."
"What is it?"  
"Nothing serious..."
"Trust me." 
"It's just I came to know something about Prince but its indigestible."
"What? Try me." 
"Sonia told me about Megha."
As soon as he heard that, he smiled broadly. "Um...I could see...why you're worried. It's the truth that Megha died by Master's hands but he didn't kill her."
Now what the hell was that! "How's that even possible?" My eyebrows pulled together.