Chapter - 4 (The Dramatic First Day at College)

(PS - Words or sentences in "italics" represents Kavya's thoughts and feelings at that moment.)

I stood straight and quietly dragged by legs towards my room, I didn't wish to hear further. It was just enough that he didn't want me here. I almost fell in love with him and he wanted to get rid of me. It was like I felt my heartbeats for the first time and got scattered into pieces at the same moment.

Tears rolled down my cheeks and I just fell on the bed, hugging my teddy. It was night and I was alone but nothing scared me anymore. Thus I discovered the fact that sadness is way stronger than fear. I feared darkness because I felt something will come and harm me, but now I could easily kill myself in this piercing-emotion. So nothing bothered me. I wetted my pillow until I fell asleep.

I got up with swollen eyes. I took a bath and put on a clean full-sleeves salwar-suit and tied my waist-length hair into a braid then folded it upwards to add the ribbon. Usual hairstyle! I usually wore specs to cover-up this bursting–out of sentiments during the night but here I didn't need them, as no one would notice, as no one cared.

I'd read somewhere 'A strong woman is one who is able to smile this morning like she wasn't crying the last night.' And being strong was the only option left for me if, I wanted to achieve something. I collected all the pieces of my broken heart and held myself together to get downstairs. 

And there he is!
I'm not going to look at you. 

I had my breakfast with Mrs. Agnivanshi and Advik, as his father had already left for something. I sat with Riana after bowing and greeting her, obviously she was a Queen and of course genuinely nice too. I swallowed the food as soon as possible, under his musing yet penetrating gaze, steadily staring from the opposite seat. Though I never looked up at him but I was flustered by his exasperation.
"Kavya, the driver will drop you." She told me. I forced a smile and reciprocated with a nod.
"No need of that, she's coming with me." He announced getting up, as he'd eaten, so he moved out.
What does he think of himself? Firstly, he hates me and now he is offering lift. 
No thank you, I can manage alone, OK. 
Do I know the way to the college? 
Shit. 
"From now on, you'll go with him in his car." She tapped on my shoulders.
"Okay." If I hadn't heard his opinion earlier, I'd have done a hip-hop over there, for sure.

I grabbed my things and came out. There he was standing, gripping the car gate of his side. I headed near the car exploring the ground, tucking my loosened-strand of hair behind my ear with my vibrating hand, as his gaze had caught me again. The driver opened the car gate and I slid in. I panted inwardly the moment he sat with me. Well, he doesn't want to be with me so I'll make sure I don't come in his way. I moved my neck towards the window and kept my eyes on the running road until we reached the college. He cleared his throat a few times as if he wanted to drag my attention but failed poorly. I didn't want to face him anymore.

The car stopped and I clamber out without peeking at him.
"Thank you." I smiled gently at the driver as he was the same person who brought me from Delhi. I pushed the 10-feet main gate and stepped inside. Mission accomplished. But, he was still looking at me, holding the car gate.

It wasn't a newly-built college for sure still the exterior was fine, eye-catching though. The building might be old but the design was worth praising.
Impressive...the interior was quite new. The floor, the classrooms, the hall etc... were well designed. It was obvious, the first place to visit was 'that administration' department for collecting my stuffs and fulfilling some formalities. When I was just trying to find my way, suddenly an almost normal-looking guy bumped into me.

"Hey, beautiful..." He tried to flirt.
And the torture begins!
"What did you just say?"
"No nothing? Are you a newbie?"
"Yes." I hesitated.
"You seem worried. Can I help you?"
Ok, Semi formal outfit, no hair gel, no spikes and there is a handkerchief in his hand. Only responsible people can develop a habit of keeping handkerchief, which is impossible for me to look after, ha! 
He seems to be a common man and according to his saggy eyes I think he might be in love with someone but somewhere is running away from her. 
Overall he seems safe to talk to. 
"Actually I was looking for the admin-department."
"Oh! Just that, follow this corridor straight then take the last right. The first one is the admin-office."
"Oh! Thank you so much."
"Ooh! Please. Don't be." He replied in a strange manner. 
But, can I trust him?
Do you have any other option?