Chapter - 11 (The Guests)

(PS - Words or sentences in "italics" represents Kavya's thoughts and feelings at that moment.)

But before we could have met, Riana caught me. For a second, I thought he was about to offer his hand. Glad he didn't, I'd have fainted then and there, ha!  
Putting my head down, I dragged a hair with two fingers and placed them behind my ear. He was standing just a few steps away, acting to drink wine, from an empty glass. 

"Kavya, you've given life to this dress, literally. You look absolutely stunning." She actually moved a finger around her eye and put a black dot behind my ear. Wow, even after being impressively-modern, she still follows such ancient beliefs.

"It'll protect you from all the evil eyes, tonight." She smiled but I was quiet. "You might be thinking I'm too old-fashioned, right."
"No. Actually I haven't expected you to be...that much traditional." I was straight forward, as always.
She smiled again. "Come, some guests are dying to meet you."
I followed her. 

DhakDhak-DhakDhak, DhakDhak-Dhakdhak! Why she's going crazy? Look over there! 

Why she's going crazy? 
Look over there! 

DhakDhak-DhakDhak, DhakDhak-Dhakdhak! Why she's going crazy? Look over there! 

I was busy meeting her guests but he'd caught me in his sight. His spotty-eyes were following me everywhere. He even bumped into the waiters, TWICE. I'm glad I don't have much makeup applied on my cheeks as they're naturally-pink now. Even Riana can hear my loud beats! I just can't understand his need of ogling at me. I managed to notice him, whenever possible when he got busy in his guests.

Suddenly Riana and Mr. Agnivanshi brought someone to meet me.
"Kavya meet Mr. Raj Singhania." He said gracefully.