Ch. 25: Tea for more than two

"Expectations" (Book 2)--Ch. 25: Tea for more than two, 
July 01, 2019 by Gratiana Lovelace (Post #1242; & Wattpad)

[an original Regency romance copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace, 2018 - 2019; all rights reserved); [(1) story cover art, top left]

[As is my custom, from time to time I will illustrate my story with my ideal cast consisting of (in order of importance/mention in this chapter): Lord Harold Blount (portrayed by Crispin Bonham-Carter); Lady Penelope Blount (portrayed by Lily Travers); Lady Lucretia Beckham Knott (portrayed by Maggie Smith); Lady Horatia Winston, Lady Penelope's grandmother, and sister to Lady Knott; Lord Christian Blount the Earl of Sussex (portrayed by Richard Armitage) and his wife Lady Madeline Sinclair Blount the Countess of Sussex; Lady Elizabeth Blount (portrayed by Jessica Brown Findlay); and Lord Duncan the Viscount Lindsay of York (portrayed by Rupert Penry-Jones)]

Author's story content and serializing scheduling notes: For the most part, my ratings for the chapters will be PG-13—for romantic interludes and dramatic moments. If you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with these ratings, then please do not read that chapter. This is my disclaimer. And I always put the previous chapter's brief recap at the top of the next chapter. Also, I hope to post new chapters weekly on Sundays or Mondays. I hope that you enjoy this chapter.

Ch. 25: Tea for more than two

With Lady Penelope Winston Blount [(2) top right] finding her equilibrium returning after the solicitude of her husband Lord Harold Blount insures her comfort from her traveling during her morning sickness with a much needed respite in the soft downy mattress in their guest bed chamber's large and comfortable bed at the Sussex Hall Dower House, and the ginger tea and toast that he had procured for her, she feels well enough to join her Grandmama Lady Winston, Great Aunt Lady Knott, and her husband's Grandmother the Dowager Lady Sussex for a midday meal. So Lord Harold helps her out of their bed and summons her ladies maid to assist her with her toilette, even as he attends to his own ablutions before luncheon.

Despite her angelic countenance--of a creamy English rose complexion, blond silky hair and a charming ivory gown with pink ribbon rose embellishments--Lady Penelope is a little nervous at meeting Lord Harold's Grandmama the Dowager Lady Sussex—let alone, the current holder of that office, her cousin and her new sister-in-law, Lady Madeline Blount, whom she only remembers as a child of eight. Lady Penelope is a shy lady of twenty eight--due to the restrictive nature of her previous husband's the Earl of Lindquist's treatment of her. But Lord Harold feels that once his dear wife Lady Penelope is enveloped in the love and kindness of their families, that she will blossom into her true self—as he had remembered her to be at her come out ten years ago.

And Lord Harold silently chastises him self for being too young then—him being only ten and five years at the time then, three years Lady Penelope's junior—to have saved her from Lord Lindquist. But now that he has found and rescued Lady Penelope from that disastrous first marriage, Lord Harold resolves to love and cherish and encourage her the rest of his days as her loving and devoted husband.

Exiting his dressing room and into their bed chamber, Lord Harold collects his wife Lady Penelope for their luncheon with the old ladies, as he euphemistically refers to the grandmothers and great aunt.

Lord Harold: "You look charming, My Dear." He sighs, bows, then lifts her hand to his lips for a tender kiss.

Lady Penelope blushes at her newish husband's effusive praise of her—her still trying to accustom herself to being free from her confinement and the censure born of her first marriage.