Ch. 17: Miss Tamsin makes the connection

"Expectations" (Book 2)--Ch. 17: Miss Tamsin makes the connection,
April 21, 2019 by Gratiana Lovelace (Post #1229, & on Wattpad)

(an original Regency romance copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace, 2018 - 2019; all rights reserved); [(1) story cover art, above]

[As is my custom, from time to time I will illustrate my story with my ideal cast consisting of (in order of appearance/mention in this chapter): Vicar Frederick Whitby (aka Lord Alfred Lindsay the Marquess of Malten) portrayed by David Oakes; Miss Tamsin Knightsbridge Lindsay, daughter of Lady Constance Knightsbridge is portrayed by Francesca Capaldi; Lord Robert Knightsbridge and Marquess of Wyre is portrayed by Hugh Grant; Lady Gwendolyn Lindsay of York is portrayed by Emma Thompson; Lady Constance Knightsbridge Lindsay the Marchioness of Malten portrayed by Margaret Clunie; and Rupert Penry-Jones as Lord Duncan the Viscount Lindsay.]

Author's story content and serializing scheduling notes: For the most part, my ratings for the chapters will be PG-13—for romantic interludes and dramatic moments. If you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with these ratings, then please do not read that chapter. This is my disclaimer. And I always put the previous chapter's brief recap at the top of the next chapter. Also, I hope to post new chapters weekly on Sundays. I hope that you enjoy this chapter.

"Expectations" (Book 2)--Ch. 17: Miss Tamsin makes the connection

In walking back to the Sussex Hall Dower House this afternoon through the direct route of the thick woods—and not getting lost as a supposedly first time visitor to the estate—Vicar Frederick Whitby/Lord Alfred reflects upon his conversations with the spirited young girl Miss Tamsin, whom he realizes is his daughter. And he resolves to set aside his concerns about vacating his post as Vicar of St. Timothy's in London, in order to assume the mantle of responsibility of Lord Alfred Lindsay, the Marquess of Malten and heir to the Duke of York.

Yet even more important for Vicar Whitby/Lord Alfred than his ducal heritage, is the resuming and also gaining of family relationships. He has been so long alone and adrift that he now finds the prospect of becoming part of a family, again, is most appealing to him. And he will especially enjoy assuming the role of Papa to Miss Tamsin. Yet to do so, he must also reunite with his wife, Lady Constance Knightsbridge Lindsay.

As an unmarried Vicar, Vicar Whitby/Lord Alfred is, of course, chaste. And he is uncertain what level of familiarity and intimacy his wife will expect of him. Their intimacy as husband and wife ten years ago was brief, or so he was told. So perhaps, upon his wife learning that he is truly alive, the lady may even have reservations herself about their marriage picking up where it left off just after he was told they were married. So he further resolves to be gentle and considerate toward his wife Lady Constance—for both of their sakes.

***

Meanwhile, Miss Tamsin races back to her Mama Lady Constance up at the Sussex Hall manor house to tell her about the interesting and funny gentleman she met upon the grounds. But first, she runs into her Uncle Lord Robert Knightsbridge the Marquess of Wyre strolling and speaking with Lady Gwendolyn Lindsay.

Miss Tamsin: "Uncle Lord Robert! Lady Gwendolyn!" The out of breath Miss Tamsin dips a hasty curtsy that makes her look more like she is inadvertently falling, rather than intentionally showing respect. Perhaps, she is doing a bit of both as she bobbles up and her Uncle Lord Robert's hand upon her shoulder stabilizes her balance.

Lord Robert: "Tamsin Dear, slow down. You almost ran into Lady Gwen and myself." His lips crook upward in an engaging smile.

Lady Gwendolyn: "Do not suppress your fun on my account Miss Tamsin. Running around as a child was my favorite pastime." She smiles at the child and swishes her hand gracefully.