Ch. 24: Going to the Sussex Village Faire

"Expectations" (Book 2)--Ch. 24: Going to the Sussex Village Faire,
June 24, 2019 by Gratiana Lovelace (Post #1241; and on Wattpad)

(an original Regency romance copyrighted by Gratiana Lovelace, 2018 - 2019; all rights reserved); [(1) story cover art, above left]

[As is my custom, from time to time I will illustrate my story with my ideal cast consisting of (in order of importance/mention in this chapter): Lord Christian Blount the Earl of Sussex (portrayed by Richard Armitage) and his wife Lady Madeline Sinclair Blount the Countess of Sussex; Lord Harold Blount (portrayed by Crispin Bonham-Carter); Lady Penelope Blount (portrayed by Lily Travers); Lady Lucretia Beckham Knott (portrayed by Maggie Smith); Lady Horatia Winston, Lady Penelope's grandmother, and sister to Lady Knott; Lady Elizabeth Blount (portrayed by Jessica Brown Findlay); Lord Duncan Viscount Lindsay of York (portrayed by Rupert Penry-Jones); Lord Alfred Lindsay Marquess of Malten (portrayed by David Oakes), Lady Constance Knightsbridge Lindsay Marchioness of Malten (portrayed by Margaret Clunie); Lord Robert Knightsbridge Marquess of Wyre (portrayed by Hugh Grant); Lady Gwendolyn Lindsay of York (Portrayed by Emma Thompson); and Lady Tamsin Knightsbridge Lindsay (portrayed by Francesca Capaldi)]

Author's story content and serializing scheduling notes: For the most part, my ratings for the chapters will be PG-13—for romantic interludes and dramatic moments. If you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with these ratings, then please do not read that chapter. This is my disclaimer. And I always put the previous chapter's brief recap at the top of the next chapter. Also, I hope to post new chapters weekly on Sundays or Mondays. I hope that you enjoy this chapter.

Ch. 24: Going to the Sussex Village Faire

Breakfast up at Sussex Hall Manor was quite an unnaturally rushed affair due to their nine year old niece Lady Tamsin Knightsbridge Lindsay urging her Uncle Lord Robert Knightsbridge the Marquess of Wyre and her Aunt Lady Gwendolyn Lindsay of York to hurry. Lady Tamsin was promised a trip to the Sussex Village Faire this day and she does not wish to delay her fun.

Unbeknownst to Lady Tamsin, her excursion to the Faire is a diversionary tactic to give her newly reunited Mama Lady Constance and Papa Lord Alfred/Vicar Whitby time to be alone with each other this morning as husband and wife.

Of course, Lord Robert and Lady Gwendolyn are considerate siblings to his sister and her brother. But their finding themselves supervising their niece Lady Tamsin is not altogether vexing for them. Apart from them liking spending time with their charming niece, Lord Robert and Lady Gwendolyn find that they are agreeable companions as well.

So as the little girl gobbles down her eggs, toast with jam, sausages and glass of milk—with Lady Tamsin taking care not to spill any of it on her fine lace collar, thus slowing down her gobbling her food--her Uncle and Aunt chaperones for the morning are able to have some breakfast themselves.

Lord Robert: Surveying his own plate of eggs, sausage, and toast with a hot cup of steaming coffee, then Lady Gwendolyn's less full breakfast plate, he makes an uncharacteristically personal observation. "My Lady Gwendolyn, your sparing breakfast of one slice of toast and one egg are quite small portions. Do you not want more food?" But of course, most ladies are taught to eat like birds in front of gentlemen.

Lady Gwendolyn: "Well Lord Robert. I presume that there may be pastry delights to indulge in when we visit the Sussex Village Faire this morn." Her words are not intending to admonish her niece to temper her food intake this morn, for Lady Gwendolyn has not observed all of Lady Tamsin's habits—since they have only recently become acquainted as niece and Aunt.