[ichi.]

To say that twenty five year old [Surname] [Name] was disliked by the Uchiha clan would be an understatement. She couldn't face them, let alone look any of them in the eye, without being shunned coldly. They blamed her for their leader's departure from the village he had long dreamed of creating, with everyone having their own theories. Some said it was because she was too pushy of a lover; others said she was too demanding of him, and that he simply left to get some breathing space. None of them wanted to believe that their almighty Madara was actually at fault here; he had actually left the village in pursuit of a woman he lusted after, much to [Name]'s heartbreak.

They're probably out there together somewhere, thought the gifted kunoichi with a sour look on her face, carrying her basket of dirty laundry to the wash house. She lived in a small but decent home on the opposite side of the village from the Uchiha compound, to spare herself the grief of having to deal with them.

The reason the clan hated [Name] the most, though, was the fact that she was, in all actuality, the mother of Madara's first child.

Uchiha Haruka was one and a half years old, and already bore a striking resemblance to his father. He had inherited the cruel beauty of the Uchiha clan: the same porcelain skin, the same dark onyx eyes, and the same raven-like hair.

"KNOCK KNOOOOOOCK! [NAAAAAAME], HARUKAAAAAA~!"

[Name] grinned as she placed her laundry basket on the floor of the wash house, straightening up and going to answer the door. Uchiha Izuna was the only Uchiha who still cared for [Name], and saw her as more than some whore from Madara's past. As soon as [Name] opened the door, she reached out and slapped the Uchiha upside the head, a finger over her lips.

"Quiet, baka!" she laughed lightly, watching Izuna frown and rub his head, mumbling. "Haru's just gone to sleep, don't wake him up!"

Izuna bounced back to his cheery persona, smiling broadly at the [Surname] girl. Since she and Madara hadn't actually been married before Haruka was born, the rest of the clan refused to see the boy as a true Uchiha, regardless of the fact that he was almost a complete, carbon copy of his father.

"Do you need any help, [Name]?" asked Izuna as said woman stepped aside to let him into the house. She slid the door shut behind him, and began walking back to the living room area as he removed his shoes and put on a pair of slippers from beside the door.

"I've actually nearly finished," said [Name] in a hushed voice, leading Izuna to the living room. It was relatively large, and ultimately traditional. The floor was lined with tatami mats, and a lone table sat in the middle of the room, surrounded by four zaisu, complete with a zabuton and kyosoku. Izuna took a seat, while [Name] excused herself to go prepare something for her guest to drink. She returned to the living room less than ten minutes later with a pot of hot tea on a tray with two drinking cups, and set it down on the table. Taking a seat on the opposite side of Izuna, she leaned forward and began to pour him a cup.

"What brings you here, anyway?" she asked, handing him his cup.

"Just wanted to stop by and see how you and Haru are," said the Uchiha, nodding thankfully as he received his teacup. [Name] laughed a little.

"Oh, we're fine!" she chirped, putting the teapot back down and sitting with her hands on her thighs.

"Really?" In an instant, [Name]'s smile had turned from genuine to forced, and she battled to keep a calm composure. Izuna sighed and placed his cup on the table, leaning forward.

"I know you still miss Madara," he said, looking at [Name] with a sad look on his face. "But, [Name], I... I..."

It didn't take another word from Izuna to have [Name] cut him off with a vigorous shaking of the head, stopping him in his tracks. She instantly rose to her feet, the sleeves of her black yukata swaying as she did so.

"I, um, I need to go get something, can you excuse me for a second," she said hurriedly, rushing to the front door. Much to Izuna's credibility as a shinobi, he was already there.

"[Name]." He stood in front of the door, blocking the woman's escape. She avoided his gaze, not wanting to cry in front of him. Very rarely did these tears come, yet in front of Izuna, [Name] threatened to become a blubbering mess.

Before [Name] could protest, Izuna had wrapped his arms around his friend, pulling her into a tight embrace.

"I'm here for you, [Name]," said the Uchiha softly, holding the [Surname] girl to his chest. She wiped her hot tears, not wanting to let them spill all over Izuna's shirt.

"I'll look after Haru. You go out there and... clear your mind," he said, holding [Name] at arm's length. She nodded, furiously wiping her now streaming tears from her cheeks. Izuna leaned forward and placed a kiss on [Name]'s cheek, much to her surprise.

"Izuna...?" The Uchiha merely smiled and playfully pushed [Name] towards the door.

"Get going, you," he smiled. Still in shock, [Name] nodded mutely.

A kiss?