chap. 5

"josh?" i said with confusion. "merry christmas...?" my idol said awkwardly. i can't believe i didn't know i was talking to joshua dun this whole time, my favorite drummer, the one i love with all of my heart. literally the man i look up to the most has been in my life for a while and i didn't even know. "WHEN DID YOU PLAN ON TELLING ME?" everyone turned their heads, i just completely embarrassed myself.

before i could even get another word out i was being told i need to talk to police about what happened with my parents. josh mouthed "i'll get back to you later" and sat down. throughout the entire time the police spoke to me i couldn't believe what was happening. josh fricking dun, man what the hell?

a million questions later, they were finally done with me & i guess they agreed that josh is responsible enough to take care of me? i'm not sure but i feel guilty. he should not have to put up with me and my nonsense. every other girl would be happy they'll be staying with their idol but me? i feel guilty. i dragged him into this and i'm sure he didn't come to try to take care of some fourteen year old girl. i didn't talk for the whole car ride even tho i sat in the passenger seat. "are you hungry, brooke?" josh almost whispered to me as we passed by many fast food restaurants. to be honest, i was starving so i replied with a simple nod of the head.

we stopped at burger king and walked in. the guy behind the counter must've been used to josh coming here because the first thing he said was "hey josh! you want the usual?" josh nodded his head and said "yes, but make that two." as we waited for our mystery order, josh tried to make conversation with me. i was being incredibly awkward and quiet because i just didn't know what i could possibly say to him.

"do you want to know why i actually came by?"
i said nothing.
"well i don't know if you noticed but i had a wrapped gift in my hand when i knocked on the door. originally, i was going to the orphanage to give this to you and wish you a merry christmas but i saw driving off in the car, not looking too happy. i went inside the orphanage and they told me you've been adopted already. i begged them to tell me your address so i can't drop off the gift to you and i guess things escalated from there."
"oh. so when did you plan on telling me who you were?" i said with a tear rolling down my face thinking about what could've happened if josh didn't knock on my door and save me. "soon," he said "very soon."

after that we grabbed our food and within about ten minutes there we were, at josh's place. it was a nice place and you can tell it wasn't just him living there, there was a couple of rooms. as he unlocked his door we were greeted by a hyper him. i gave him a gentle smile as he tried to get my attention. then debby came down the stairs in a robe, looking embarrassed when she saw me. "josh, honey, you didn't tell me we were having company!" she said while covering up some cleavage with her rose gold silk robe. "i'm sorry hun, it was very last minute" last minute. i'm just last minute. i kept that in my head as i took off my black vans.

josh handed me my food and said he'll get back to me in a few minutes & to make myself at home. josh ordered me a ten piece of chicken nuggets, a burger, medium fry, and a sprite. my stomach was growling so i started with the nuggets. i ate two but for some reason just couldn't really eat it. i felt sick suddenly. like i wanted to throw up but it was also the last thing i wanted to do, was to throw up. i just stopped eating due to my stomach pains and put my head down on the table and drifted off from there.

wc;718