thirteen

c h a p t e r  t h i r t e e n: s u r p r i s e

"han jisung, you do know that there is a thing called privacy, right?" yeonghwa asked the boy

"i-i do, but you left me without answers and i thought that maybe i'll get them if i uh...... listened to your conversation." he said as he got up from the floor.

i rolled my eyes at his answer and shot a glare at yeonghwa.

"yeonghwa, what exactly did you tell him?" i asked her as my glare hardened.

"well, i just told him that you would tell him that it was better if you told him yourself." she says as she points to the boy.

he nods his head furiously and slowly walked up to the bed.

"i just wanted to know if you were alright and to know exactly what had been causing this." he starts, "i'm not going to force you to tell me who is the cause of your disease, but just know that i will be by your side throughout this."

my eyes started to well up, i didn't know what to say about this at all and it looked like yeonghwa didn't know either.

"um, can i talk to yeonghwa in private real quick?" i asked.

jisung quickly nodded and left the room.

"you have to tell him, no matter how hard it is for you. i know you're scared, but i'm going to tell you this, he genuinely cares for you and will be with you. he's taken quite a liking to you and your presence and i know you trust him so please tell him. i'm telling you this out of experience, don't run away from this because in the end it will get much worse than it already is." she says once he's gone.

"i-i'm scared to tell him that he's the one who's making me feel like this." i whispered.

she lets out a sigh and calls him in.

"you gotta tell him before it's too late." she starts, "i'm going to be right here when you tell him, okay." 

i nodded and took a deep breath.

"h-han jisung, i do have h-hanahaki disease, and you are the c-cause of it." i mumbled. 

"huh, all i got out of that was my name." he said.

"jisung..........you're the cause of my hanahaki disease."

+++++++++++++++

WE'RE CLOSE TO THE ENDING YA'LL HHHH