two

c h a p t e r  t w o  :  h o s p i t a l  v i s i t s

hospitals, the one place i've grown to hate. the plain white walls, sterile smell, bright lights, and beeping machines, i hate it all. there are so many bad memories that rise up when i'm here.

"gina tran, you can head up to room 324." a nurse says as she enters the boring waiting room.

letting out a sigh, i stand up and trudge my way through the crowded halls. as i'm walking, i see a familiar figure, someone i've seen at school. i end up walking closer and see that it's jisung with soyeon.

"look, i know your friend is in there, but is she more important than me? are you going to ditch our date just to be here at some dingy hospital?" soyeon asked him.

"i-i didn't want to leave our date, it's just that she is one of my best friends. before you even ask, no i'm not saying that you're not important. you're so important to me you know that, you know that i love you." he says as he pulls her to his chest.

right then and there, my heart shattered even more than i thought it could. my eyes were clouded with tears as i ran to the restrooms. the hot feeling was creeping up my throat faster than before. before i knew it, the pink stained bleeding heart petals came tumbling out.

hospitals, i really hate hospitals.