Chapter Seventy Two

Start from the beginning

Aileen would be proud of me, I think.

Jeff looked at me and frowned. "Do you even know how to use that thing?"

No.

"Yes," I said, "Of course I do!"

Thinking it was the right thing to do, I hit some random button on one side, and suddenly a part of the gun on the side fell off.

Also unfortunately, Carson, who was not paying attention, stepped right on it in his pursuit of the thug on the floor.

After his foot was raised, I saw that the piece was now misshapen.

"Oops," I said, looking back up at Jeff. "Was that important?"

His face had become red, and he was breathing very heavily.

"You-idiot!" He shouted angrily. "That was the slide you just popped out! You broke it!"

Wow, I didn't know you could break a gun like that.

"Broken?" I asked, looking at the gun. "Are you sure? It looks fine to me."

Jeff lunged at me, blinded by rage, but I merely waited until he was close and sidestepped.

As he flew past me, he quickly whipped back around. Before he could do anything, though, I pistol-whipped him in the face with the gun.

His eyes bulged as he was knocked back against the wall.

I think I may have knocked him out, because he slid down it and landed on the floor, unmoving.

"It works fine to me," I said, looking at it appreciatively. Maybe I should use guns more often.

I looked up to see that Carson was fighting the thug, and things were getting intense.

Suddenly, the thug let out a roar, and his body began doing that gross thing that happened when they turned.

I watched as Carson followed suit, and soon two large wolves were standing in my living room.

Carson's golden fur shone in the light, while the thug's black fur looked boring and overall not as impressive.

Carson flung himself at the guy, knocking over a lamp in the process.

It fell over and shattered, and I let out an involuntary cry.

"Hey! Watch it!" I exclaimed.

They didn't listen though, and the thug tried to jump on Carson's back, sending a table flying.

"Can't you take this outside?" I fretted, watching as they continued to tear my living room apart.

Carson managed to scratch the thug right across the face, making him roar and jump back, knocking the couch over.

"Guys I'm in college!" I reminded them desperately. "I'm broke! I can't replace this stuff!!"

They continued to ignore me, until Carson knocked the other wolf right into the TV, shattering it.

Blood rushed into my head, and for a second, my vision turned blood red.

"THAT IS ENOUGH!" I shouted.

They both froze and looked over at me.

I whipped out the gun and pointed it at the thug.

"I have a gun!" I yelled threateningly.

I mean, it was disabled, but they didn't have to know that.

"Get out of my apartment right now or I will shoot you until all that's left are ribbons that I can use to decorate your festive funeral," I hissed, done playing around.

The guy seemed to realize that I was beyond reason, and did not seem to want to be shot, so he quickly ran away from Carson and raced out the door, still in his wolf body.

I took a deep breath and put the gun down, trying to keep my cool and not look at the mess of destruction in front of me.

Suddenly, I heard people enter the room.

I spun around to see who it was, and to my surprise, it was Jacob and Aileen.

They walked in, shock on their faces as they took in the disaster that was my living room, and Carson as a giant wolf.

"I'm guessing we missed the fight?" Aileen observed, looking around.

I have a short, humorless laugh. "Yep. He's gone running to the elevator, I'm guessing."

Aileen and Jacob shared a look, as if they knew something I didn't.

And suddenly, there was a loud crash that shook that entire apartment.

I lost my balance and fell over.

"Ahh!" I cried as I hit the ground. "What was that?"

As I pushed myself back up, Aileen and Jacob both had a funny look on their faces.

"I think the elevator is broken," Jacob finally said.

Oooh.