party

It's the very last day of primary school. I'm moving into a secondary school with Greedy Graham, Lazy Linda, Beefy Bert and Sour Susan. Great.

It will be nice meeting new people and I will easily be one of the most popular boys there with my charming looks and my attitude.

-

Our year group entered the leavers party all feeling emotional as all these years we had together, we were moving on. Sure Ashton primary sucked but I will miss it, and the people there.

Kids were exchanging hugs, some stuffing there mouths full of the sweet treats while others having a good time.

I just sat on one of the benches, excluding myself from the rest of the kids.

Of course Ralph has to notice me. Hey, maybe this is my chance to tell him how I feel. It's now or never.

"Come on Henry! Please just make the most of it. You won't see some of these people again, including me." Ralph says, with sorrow in his eyes.

He pulls out his hand and drags me over to the rest of the kids.

The party was quite fun actually, and I regret being so anti social.

But now it's coming to an end, this is my only chance to speak to Ralph so I best do it now.

"Hey Ralph... can I ask you something?" I reluctantly try to speak my feelings.

"Go on" Ralph says with his small smile and little dimples.

I love you. We have been so close. I always wanted us to be more than just best friends. All these memories, I want you to be mine Ralph, will you?

"Uh, d-do you know where the toilets are...?" I can't believe myself, stupid Henry!! Stupid Henry!

"Just round the back there. Hey are you sure your ok?" Ralph can tell when something's up. That's what I admire about him.

I shake my head and run of to the toilet. Will this really be the end?