awkward

"Why do you have pictures of Asian females?" I asked, a bit annoyed that there's no pictures of me in a bikini.

"They're not girls! They are men!" Ralph shouts.

"Why do you have pictures of them anyway??!" I say, definitely jealous that they are getting Ralph's love, and not me.

"Basically..." I cover Ralph's mouth with my hand. I don't want to hear his nonsense.

"How dare you admire these... h o t Asian boys and not me!" I let my jealousy get the best of me, it's the second time this has happened now. Ralph probably knows I like him.

"I'm sorry. I..I just." I speechless. The only thing I can bring myself to do is run away from the awkwardness.

-

Later that night, I can't take my mind off what I was saying, and thinking. Do I like Ralph?

That time when we defeated the demon dinner lady. All our purple hand gang missions to steal the biscuits. All of those memories. All the time we spent together. I felt so close to him.

Next year we're moving into year 7, that will be the last year of Ashton Primary School. I'll miss most people, I guess but who I'll miss even more is Ralph.

He's moving away to a secondary school all the way in Liverpool, a whole hour from me!!! Doesn't seem that far but as if mums gonna take me to his house.

I don't want all theses memories to go to waste. I should tell him what he means to me. Before he leaves.

-