Thorns and Petals: Part 3 (Lirry)

Start from the beginning

     Harry stood up and hurried to the house, leaving his favorite black fedora hat on the dusty ground. He kept Liam's head still with one hand, as the boy was close to losing his consciousness.

- Everybody get back to work! And call Dr. Horan right now! - he ordered through his gritted teeth, turning around and walking to the huge house with Liam in his arms.

     The employees stopped their intense gazes and got back to work besides Zayn, who looked at Harry in shock. Nobody ever saw the man like that. He never lost control and never sounded concerned. What happened was new as the Harry Styles they were familiar with would leave Liam suffer under the horses kicks and hits.

     Harry headed straight to his room and laid Liam on his soft and expensive bed. Liam was sobbing sorrowfully. Harry looked at him in fear. No matter how much he enjoyed humiliating and torturing Geoff's son, he wasn't a murderer. He quickly tossed away Liam's jeans to have a look at his leg. From the sight of it, Liam fell down on his right knee, as it was covered in blood and was trembling badly. Just as Harry was about to get alcohol to disinfect the wound, Niall rushed inside. Not even acknowledging the man's presence in his own bedroom, the blonde young doctor started examining Liam's leg that was luckily not broken. He took anesthetic medicine from his bag and turned to Harry.

- I'm going to inject this, so he'll fall asleep. The leg isn't completely broken, so I'll work here. No need to get him to the hospital. But after that he's going to stay in bed for at least a week. - he informed and got started with his work.

     Harry sat down near the bed and looked at Niall injecting the medicine through Liam's veins, wincing at the sight. It worked almost immediately and Liam's body fell limp, numbing all the pain. The man never left the room as Niall carefully treated and bandaged Liam's leg and applied medicine to the smaller marks and wounds. He sat there motionlessly and stared at Liam.

     The boy's soft brown hair, that looked curlier than before, fell on his closed eyes. His face looked peaceful even with tears, dust, and dried blood staining his cheeks. There was a cut on the edge of his pouty and slightly ajar lips, making them look even plumper and pinker. Niall cleaned the sweat and mud off his slender body, making it shine under the light. After he was done, he explained how to take care of the boy for the following week. When he opened the door, they saw Zayn pacing in the hallway nervously.

- How is he? - he asked.

- He is okay. You're free to go. - Harry answered him bluntly but Zayn didn't move until he got Niall's trustworthy positive nod.

     Harry ordered everybody to stay away from his bedroom and closed the door. He changed into a pair of silky pajama bottoms and laid down beside Liam's unconscious body. Turning to his side, he brushed the boy's hair away from his pale forehead. Harry pulled a warm blanket up to Liam's bare shoulders and checked to see if his injured leg was in a comfortable position. He rested his head on the headboard and seized the boy's features. The delicacy and softness made Liam look like a pure sleeping child, who needed to be protected from people like Harry. Guilt tasted strange to the man. It made him realize what he had done. He nearly killed an innocent boy, who never did anything wrong to him. Letting himself free from his stern personality, Harry pressed his lips to Liam's forehead and closed his eyes.

     In the morning the curly haired man woke up to find Liam's warm body curled to his side. His long inked arms were wrapped around the boy as Liam clang to them in his unconscious state. Harry Styles was finally destroyed. He laid still in order not to disturb the sleeping lad. When Liam woke up hours later, it felt like entering a parallel universe. He was in a comfortable glorious room and Harry was sitting near the bed, smiling at him kindly.

- Good morning, Liam. I hope you feel better. - he simply said and startled the boy by stroking his cheek.

     Harry didn't allow anyone near Liam and didn't leave his side. He took good care of him, earning suspicious stares from Liam. The boy was so used to being tortured by Harry. But now the older man was being so responsible and careful with him. He didn't know how to feel about it. It was surprising how safe and loved he felt, when Harry's arms were wrapped around him, even though it would be logical to feel angry or scared. Harry kept hovering over him for the rest of the week and the boy completely forgot the cold-hearted man he used to know.

     The others weren't aware of this side of Harry Styles, though. He was exactly the same with them. This soft and sweet man was a secret side of him only Liam managed to find. During that week Harry cracked like an iceberg and melted down. He found it weird that it actually felt good and natural. Way better than all his wealth, fame, hot women, and success ever felt.

     Liam wasn't his personal slave anymore. From the first time he was allowed to get back on his feet, he didn't have anything to do. Harry made him forget about his father's debt and their deal. His only plea was to leave that month of torture behind and stay with him. The newfound freedom let Liam be his carefree adorable self and cheer up the huge and lonely mansion. Slowly, taking baby steps, they became friends. They spent all the time together. Harry kept Liam all for himself as the boy enlightened his life like a lightbulb in a dark room. He found himself addicted to Liam as he promised himself to never let him go. Without noticing it their friendship grew into something more.

     Months later they were still living in the same house. Liam moved in with Harry completely as the elder one didn't let him leave his side even for a moment. The dominance and authority made Harry protective and jealous of his boy. He was the same serious and cold-hearted millionaire for the rest of the world. But with Liam, he became a loving romantic guy, who gave the warmest hugs and the sweetest kisses.

     Liam was leaning against Harry's strong chest as they were on top of Hercules. The horse became their favorite after getting properly tamed. Its existence in their lives became symbolic, as it was a part of the reason they got that far together. There was a fresh flower crown on top of Liam's head that he got from Harry earlier that day. Harry cut every single thorn with his bare hands before attaching the roses together. The clean white color he used to hate fitted perfectly with the boy's chocolaty brown hair that got tangled between the soft petals. Harry led the horse to the garden, where white roses were blossoming all around. The light color sickened Harry in the past, because it was opposite to his dark soul. But now that Liam brought innocence and kindness to his life, the color didn't seem that simple and pointless anymore. Harry leaned down and kissed Liam's neck tenderly, slowly moving to his birthmark and then to his shoulder.

- I'm so lucky that fest was ruined and your dad was in debt. - he chuckled in Liam's ear, causing adorable giggles escape the younger boy's lips.