Panic Mode

Requested by @pinkyrue17

Basically the reader has a panic attack and Link is the only one there to comfort her.

Your p.o.v

Normal. That's how the day started. It was supposed to be just a normal day of traveling. Link and I were walking through the woods following a trail. We were told that there was a stable at the end of this trail along with a near by town. So we plan on walking until we find this stable and town. We had passed through woods, clearings and even small caves. Nothing different then what we're used to. We just so happen to be coming up to another small cave similar to the rest, maybe a tad bit smaller. "Uuuuugh how long is this trail? I'm ready to sleep in a nice bed." Link chuckled as I continued to groan. "Come on it's not that bad. We've traveled longer and more difficult paths than this and you didn't complain." I glared at him. "While that may be true, I'll have you know I slept the night before and wasn't running on an empty stomach. And before you tell me, yes I am aware we can stop and make food but I want to get to that stable as soon as possible." Link just nodded as we reached the cave. Once we got about half way through there was a sudden tremble that shook through the earth. We looked around seeing if there was any cause of it. Once it kept going and we realized it was an earthquake we made a break for the exist. Luck was totally on our side because the rocks at the entrance started to cave in which blocked our exit. We turned around to run to go back the way we came but it too was blocked off. The trembling kept going and the ground underneath us became more and more unstable. I looked down and noticed small cracks forming in the ground. "Umm, Link?" As soon as I call out his name the ground collapsed causing both of us to fall into the spall space that was underneath the tiny cave. It was just enough spaced to leave a few inches of space between me and Link but that was it. I immediately start to panic. I looked around for any possible way out but I couldn't think properly. I started to hyperventilate and my vision got blurry. Link shifted his position and tried to crawl out. the edge of the hole was loose and would crumble whenever he put weight on it. I didn't even notice but I started to cry. Still hyperventilating I wrapped my arms around myself trying to calm down. Link went to go say something but immediately paused. I shivered in the small space I had and I continues to rub my arms as if I were cold. Sadly it didn't do much.

I suddenly felt hands on top of my shoulders. I looked up to see Link giving me a calm smile. "Hey come on, no need to cry. Everything is going to be okay, we'll get out." I still continued to shiver and my breathing was still uneven but it had gotten a little better. My blurry vision was reduced to a small headache but at least I could clearly see my surroundings. I just closed my eyes and tried to focus on my breathing. Link was now the one rubbing both of my arms trying to comfort me. Once again it didn't do much. Tears were streaming down my face but I couldn't help it. Link wiped them away before embracing me. "Don't worry, I'll get us out of here. I need you to calm down so we can both concentrate. Everything is gonna be just fine." I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe. I slowly stopped crying and shivering. My breathing slowed back down to a normal pace and I pulled away from Link. "Better?" I nodded, "yeah, I just have a slight headache." He nodded before looking back up at the only way out. "We just need to get out of here, then we can blast our way out of the cave. The rim of the hole is unstable but maybe if we reach far enough we can get to solid ground. That way we can crawl out and then pull the other up." I nodded before sighing. "Go ahead and get ready to push me up. It will be a lot easier for you to lift me." "Are you sure? You don't have to." "Yeah, I'll be fine. Now come on, I need to get out soon." He nodded and grabbed my waist. He lifted me up as I used the close walls for support. He managed to lift me up far enough that my shoulder were above ground. "Link get my feet on your shoulders and I'll be able to get out." "Okay, hold on." He lifted me higher until me feet were perched on top of his shoulders. Now my chest and arms were at the surface. I scanned the area before noticing a conveniently close root that happened to get stuck between fallen rocks. "Link do you think you can move to the right ever so slightly?" "Yeah I can do that." Link slowly leaned to the right. I was barely able to grab the root but I eventually got a hold of it. "Okay Link I'm gonna need you to basically toss me straight up if you can." "I can but are you sure about this?" "Yeah, now on the count of three push." We counted to three and as planned Link pushed me up. I was able to pull myself up using the root to hold on to and the force on Links push. "Be careful (Y/n), the ground could still be weak." "Don't worry, I'm being careful. Now give me your hand." I had laid down next to the hole so I could grasp Links hand. He reached out and firmly grabbed my arm. I carefully stood up still holding on. I began to slowly back up as Link climbed out. I dragged him back just enough to get away from weaker ground near the hole. Surprisingly our plan worked. I looked at Link and smiled. "Now that we're out of that tiny hole it's time to get out of here." Link nodded before making his way over to the exit of the cave. He placed down a bomb before walking back to where I was standing.

Link took out his slate before looking at me. "Lets hope this doesn't cause the whole cave to collapse." I nodded before looking back at the bomb. Link set it off and the rocks blocking the way out were immediately destroyed. Without a second thought both Link and I quickly but cautiously made our way to the exit. A soon as we made it to open space I dropped to my knees and practically hugged the ground. "Oh stable land, I'll never complain about walking on you again!" Link only chuckled before commenting. "You know there is no way you aren't gonna complain about walking." "Ssssshhhh don't ruin my reunion with this trail!" Link only laughed again before walking forward. "Come on, the nice stable bed awaits." I immediately jumped up before practically sprinting towards Link. "Yeah lets go, I'm very tired and I refuse to spend the night in a tent after that! I neeeeed a bed!" I could hear a side come from my friend. "You're way too dramatic (Y/n)." I chuckled, "possibly. Personally I'm not dramatic enough!" "Oh trust me, you're plenty dramatic." I slightly hit his arm before chuckling. "Whatever, now come on I want to get there before dark!" With that I took off and began to run down the trail. "Hey wait for me!" "Nope, you're just too slow!" I heard Link laugh, "I give you three minute's before you tire out." "How dare you underestimate my abilities!" The rest of the run/jog down the trail consisted of snarky comments and us messing with each other. Also, for the record, I made it five minutes of straight running before needing to stop. Take that Link!

--------------------------------

Sorry if this isn't the best. I haven't written anything decent in awhile lol. Anyway I hope you enjoyed this and yeah. See you at the next update!