Horse taming

<~ your p.o.v ~> (H/n)= Male horse name ( you and Link are together in this one shot )
Link and I were walking down a path through the woods. "Hey (Y/n) what's that over there?" Link pointed in front of us and in the distance I could see the faint outline of a horse head. "It's a stable which means we can register horses!" I started to run towards the building with Link running behind me. "(Y/n) slow down and wait for me!" "No I want a horse because traveling will be a lot easier." Link only sighed as I came to a stop because I was out of breath. Link finally caught up to me and we both sped walk to the stable. Once we got there someone greeted us. "Hi I'm Ember and welcome to Riverside stable, If you have any questions please ask me." I nodded my head and walked towards him. "Hi it's nice to meet you and I was wondering how much it cost to register a horse?" "Great question, It's 20 rupee's per horse." I nodded my head and walked to Link who was watching me from afar. "So (Y/n) what did the guy tell you?" I smiled, "he said that it was 20 rupee's for each horse you register." Link sighed, "so are you going to go find a wild horse to try and tame?" I nodded quickly and he sighed again. "I bet you 100 rupee's you can't do it." Link was now smirking at me because he new how I like to prove myself to people.

I crossed my arms and smirked back at him, "I bet 100 rupee's I can." He dug into his bag and pulled out a silver rupee. "Ok (Y/n) you have yourself a bet if you can give me 100 rupee's." I dug into my bag and pulled out a silver rupee. "Ok you have yourself a deal, just give me till sunset to tame my horse." He nodded his head and held his hand out. I shook it before looking him straight in the eye's. "If you scare away my horse your money will go up 100 more every time it happens." He thought for a moment before smiling and nodding, "ok I can do that, and I promise I won't purposely scare your horse." I nodded my head and looked around the area. I started walking in a random direction with Link slightly behind me. "So what kind of horse do you want?" I thought about the question before answering. "I'm not really sure but I think I want a solid coat horse." I looked back at Link waiting for his response and he smirked. "There a little harder to tame so I'm fine with that."

I rolled my eyes and kept walking forward. In no time we found a herd of horses. "So (Y/n) do you want any of those horses?" I looked at the herd and none of them really stood out to me. "No not over there, I believe I'll feel something special when I see my horse." "And even if I don't find my horse today and I end up giving you 100 rupee's I won't really care because in the end all I want is a horse that I have a special bond with." Link was standing beside me so I could see him nod his head. "Ok then lets keep moving." Another few minutes later we saw another herd and once again nothing special about the horses. This went on for awhile, we would find a herd but none of the horses felt right to me. Sunset was approaching and I was starting to lose hope for the day, while Link on the other hand was smiling the closer the end of the day grew closer. "One more herd and then I give up." I don't usually give up but I was tired and we have been searching almost all day. I was walking when Link called my name. He was standing on top of a hill and he motioned for me to join him.

When I did he pointed to the left. There I saw a herd of dark colored horses grazing. As soon as I saw them I knew one of them was going to be my horse. The one that stood out the most to me was a solid black one with a white mane. It had white hooves and a white nose. "That one", I said pointing to the specific horse. "Ok but you have to tame it first." I nodded my head and began to slowly the herd. Once I was close enough to them I crouched down and got even closer. But with my luck I stepped on a twig and it snapped. Spooked the horses started to run, but they were running towards me. "(Y/N)!" Link shouted my name but I ignored him because this was the only chance I had. I stood up as the herd approached me. I prepared myself for what I was about to do next. As soon as the horse I was eyeing pasted me I jumped onto it's back. Link was running towards me so the rest of the herd started running in another direction. The horse I was on was bucking and trying to throw me off, but I was stubborn and stayed on. I held on for life as the horse continued to buck. After a good struggle the horse finally gave in and settled down.

By then Link was already standing to the side incase something went wrong. I softly kicked the horses side and lead him towards Link who had the look of worry and relief on his face. I brought my new horse to a stop and smirked. "I told you I could do it." Link sighed and reached into his bag bringing out the silver rupee and handing it to me. "Now come on I want to register and give him name." Link looked at me a little worried. "Link don't you dare tell me you can go on a journey with the fate of hyrule resting on your shoulders without cracking under pressure, but you can't get on a newly tamed horse." Link frowned and slowly got on with my help. He wrapped his arms around me and I blushed a little. As I we made our way back to the stable I already knew what I was going to name him. "(H/n)", I say out loud. "What", Link asked. "That's what I'm gonna name him, (H/n)." I turned around just enough to see Link smile. He gently kissed my cheek before speaking, "I like it and good job on getting your horse." I smiled and looked forward. "Thanks, oh and by the way since you doubted my horse taming ability's you can walk wherever we go." "Oh what!" "Come on (Y/n) you know I was joking." I laughed as the stable came into view. "I know you were joking but you can still walk." Link sighed and rested his head on my back as I went to go register my new horse.