Link x sad reader

Requested by: @Luna_Wolffang64
<~ Your p.o.v ~> (You are not in a relationship) (H/n)= horse name (Deer's are your favorite animal in this oneshot. sorry if you don't like them.)

Link and I were making our way to Kakariko village. Link was riding his horse Epona, and I was riding my horse (H/n). While we were riding down a path I happen to get a glimpse of a deer in the corner of my eyes. Deer's are my favorite animal by far. I stopped (H/n) and got off. Link stopped and watched what I was doing. I crouched down and slowly made my way towards the deer. It was male, and I could tell because of the big antlers. It was facing away from me and I was behind a bush. I was so determined to sneak up and get on the deer that I didn't notice the Group of bokoblin's coming up behind me. "(Y/N)" shouted Link. I turned around just in time to dodge a club to the head. Startled by the commotion, the deer started to run away. But before it could run away a bokoblin hopped on it's back. The bokoblin let out a battle cry and pointed to me with it's club. I quickly unsheathed my sword and took out my shield. I could hear Link running towards me, while the bokoblin's were coming at me. I managed to kill one bokoblin, and when Link reached me he killed another one. I took out the second to last one, and all was left was the one on the deer. The deer was running around and bucking.

It started to listen to the bokoblin after it got kicked in the side. Angry because of how the deer was being treated I charged the two. The bokoblin let out another battle cry as it charged towards me. I quickly moved out of the way. The bokoblin brought the deer to a stop and face me. I looked behind them and Link had his bow out. He took one arrow and pulled it back. The bokoblin kicked the deer's side and it raised up on it's back legs, right as Link shot his arrow. The arrow went into the deer's back and it fell over bleeding. The bokoblin got trapped between the ground and the deer, and I quickly took my sword and chopped it's head off, causing it to die. I looked down at the deer as it's breathing was unsteady and it's stomach leaked blood. Tears spilled from my eyes as I angled my sword at it's chest. "I'm sorry" I whispered as I killed him, ending his suffering. I fell to my knees and started crying. Link came over to me and put his hands on my shoulder. "(Y/n) I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for that to happen". I looked up and him and nodded my head, "I know you didn't mean to". I looked back down as tears stilled poured from my eyes. "If it weren't for the monsters, animals wouldn't get as hurt as often. It's because of them that he is dead". Link put his hand under my chin so I was looking at him. He wiped my tears with his thumb and smiled gently.

"Don't worry (Y/n) once we take care of calamity ganon, all of this will be over". I smiled slightly and nodded my head. "Thanks Link". He kept smiling as he pulled me into a hug. Surprised at first it took me a few seconds to hug back. After a moment he let go. "Come on lets get going, we need to reach Kakariko village". I nodded my head and Link helped me up. We made our way back to our horses and continued on our journey. But I still couldn't help but think that if calamity ganon wasn't here, that innocent deer wouldn't have had to die. Then I thought to my self, I'll make sure that will never happen again once this is over.

-----------------------------------
Okay this was Link x sad reader. I hop you liked it and I hope I wasn't that bad. That's all for now and I'll see you in the next story. Bye!