Chapter 31.5

|N|

It was weird waking up in the morning and going to school with a random Hyuga guard. His jobs was to simply assist me from my house to school. While I suppose Hinata would meet me at school.

It has been about a week since then and Hinata has been completely shut down. She barely talks and keeps her eyes down. I can barely even speak to her. I don't feel like I can be close to her with the sudden aura around her. I miss her. But I know she needs some alone time to grief. Sasuke has been skipping school and sometimes I tag along but I'm usually at lock down.

I follow Hinata to our last class of the day.

"Hinata..." I call out. She turns to me. Not facing my eyes with her own. I'm tired of it.

"What is it?" She asked in a low tone. Her eyes glued to my chest. I felt my jaw clench before I lifted her chin up so her eyes would face me.

I stared into her faded eyes. The color of lavender bluer then usual. But suddenly I saw them lighten as I stared into her. I felt myself blush but she suddenly pushed my hand off.

"I'm sorry, we're going to be late for class." She said before walking. I sighed before following her. I want my Hinata back. When class ended I watched as Hinata entered a dark vehicle. I stared as she slowly disappeared from my sight.

"It's sad isn't it?" A voice called. I turned behind me.

"Toneri..." I simply let out. He walked closer to me.

"I've noticed a certain change in Hinata-san. Her eyes are cold and her voice like ice." I was about to agree. "She's almost as perfect as she was one when we first met."

I frowned from his words.

"Perfect? She's miserable! No feelings at all!" I said. He smiled.

"What's not to love about that? No clinging, so empty. It's beautiful."

I gripped his collar. "You're sick!" I said before pushing him away, then storming off.

What a weirdo!

|H|

"Hinata, the funeral has past already. I think it's about time you go back to work." My father told me as I waited in his office. I felt myself hold my tongue. Hanabi still hasn't recovered yet and wants me close to her, but father won't except an excuse like that.

"I'm ready whenever you allow me." I responded. I didn't meet his eyes.

"That's good. You'll leave tomorrow. But before you leave, we must talk about some rules. " at this I looked up to him.

"The Uzumaki boy is troublesome. I've heard that he enjoys partying and being a fool," I felt myself blink, I felt a ping of annoyance.

"I don't want you to take from his example. So try not spending much time with him unless it's necessary. I've heard he's taken a liking to you, so you'll most likely have to ignore him."

I looked down thinking of the blonde Uzumaki. The way his blue eyes stare at me. The way the stare at me sadly. I felt my body warm up slightly thinking about him; but it left as quick as it came. At school I've kept myself slightly distant. Even though I try pushing my feelings down for him, they still remain.

"You're dismissed. Pack your bags for tomorrow." He told me. I nodded before excusing myself. I greeted a guard before passing him. I walked down the hall; I stopped in my tracks before reversing my steps before opening his bedroom door.

I was greeted my the nicely cleaned room. No proof of life was there. Yet that's how Neji left it. The bright moon shun from the window. I felt my eyes gloss. I closed then to stop. I closed the door before hearing my father's voice.

"What do you mean some of our men were attacked around here!?" His voice called.

"Yes an appearance of a group of men were seen. More then usual. One of guards made it alive but he said his life was spared by a tall man with dark black. Almost shoulder length." The extra guard replied.

"We might have to send more guards to investigate that part of town then. The Akatsuki has been on the run for months now. I'm sure they are the ones responsible for my nephew's death." My father said.

My mind flashed to the time where Naruto was in a fight with a man. Could that man be part of that same gang? Most likely. I took this intel in mind. I must find the people who killed my cousin.