Chapter |23|

Hinata

I put my hand over my chest, my heart was beating fast? But why. I let out a breath before walking into my room. I then got ready for bed.

I tried ignoring the feeling the best I could. It was just a misunderstanding. I closed my eyes, feeling myself drift away to sleep.

When morning finally came, I got up and prepared myself for school. But suddenly when I opened my door to leave I was greeted by the blond male.

"Oh, " He said noticing me, his eyes widening.

"Morning Hinata." He said, I felt myself frown feeling my face heat up.

"G-Good morning Naruto-kun." I simply said. The two of us then walked down stairs.

"So like I had the strangest dream, that you were actually going on a date with Toneri instead of hanging out with your handsome buddy me." Naruto-kun said.

I frowned at his silly words.

"What handsome "buddy" ? I'd like to meet him." I said. He turned his body a little too fast getting too close for my comfort, so I stumble back and landed on the step.

"Eh? Are you okay?" He genuinely asked. I simply frowned before rejecting his hand in embarrassment.

We grabbed our lunches then left. Taking breakfast with us. I was surprised that everyone who worked there got to eat the food in the house, including me. I didn't think I'd be able to get a lunch bento just like him.

As we got in the car, he put his phone in the cup holders right below the radio, before starting the car. I noticed instantly the different names popping up.

"Wow, So popular." I said.

He didn't look at me as he drove but he simply said "Huh?"

"I'm referring to your phone, you are getting notifications." I simply had a flip phone my father bought for me when I was 14.

" You don't need to worry about them, I'm trying to take a break of things, not only for you but for me as well."

I crossed my arms before looking away.

"It's not like I'd care if you've done it for my sake either way ." I said a little colder then usual. The way he said it simply rubbed me the wrong way.

"So what are you going to wear? Got anything nice? I could help you." He said. I lifted my eyebrows at him.

"Really?" I asked, not convinced.

Naruto turned his head slightly to me before sighing.

"We're friends right? I mean I want to be friends." He said. I nodded. It was true, I didn't know why he suddenly started saying we were friends. After Minato-san catches the people who stabbed Naruto-kun I'd disappear from his life. But it's not like I wouldn't want to be Naruto-kun friend, just what is a friend?

When we arrived at school. I thought about it for a little bit. What exactly do friends do?

As I walked down the hall I stopped when I saw Sakura-san and Ino-san talking. They both were laughing. They seem like good friends, being able to laugh together.

I wouldn't say I'm good friends with them. But they are nice to me. Then I thought about Kiba-kun and Shino-kun, we all use to be good friends but now I barely know them. I began walking again to simply see Naruto talking to a group of guys.

Laughing, pushing each other. Bumping into people walking by. I frown slightly, poor people getting bumped. If Naruto-kun had these many friends how come he couldn't depend on them?

I walked pass the group of guys before entering the class room.

"Hey Hinata-san?"

I turned around. She stuck up her fingers as a peace.

"Hello Karin-san." I said. She gave me a smile before following me up to our seats. Was Karin-san my friend? She was kind to me.

As she sat behind me, she simply sighed deeply. I lifted my eye brows.

"What is it?"

"It's just Suigetsu is here today, so I'll have to deal with his annoying voice." She said. I looked around the room, he wasn't here.

"How do you know he's here?" I asked. I turned back to her she had her head on the desk as she talked.

"Oh, I saw him in the hallway." She said. I furrowed a eyebrow.

"But aren't the hallways filled? How did you find out so fast?" I asked. She lifted her head from her arms. Simply revealing her red eyes to me.

"I don't know I've always noticed him in places," she turned her head to the side sighing again. "It's annoying, no matter where I go I find him."

I suddenly felt my eyes widened. Eyes always finding a person? I feel like Naruto-kun told me about that for someone they like.

I watched Karin-san. Does she like Suigetsu without knowing it. But soon a loud voice entered. It wasn't Naruto-kun though, his voice is different.

"Oh my gosh Karin, guess what, that idiot Naruto is in a fight again, no ones watching cause they're scared to get involved and Sasukes sick." Suigetsu said as he walked up te steps. My eyes widened, Karin-sans head lifted.

"What? That cousin of mine is an idiot."

It didn't last long for me to get up from my chair and run out of the room. I looked through the hallway as everyone was going into their classrooms. I rushed down the hall. As I passed steps I walked backwards as I noticed blonde hair.

There Naruto was holding his arm as another man was there.

"I heard from Deidera that you came to my hide out without permission." His voice was deep. He held a bat.

"Get out of my school bastard." Naruto grunted. I quickly jumped the stairs before stretching my arms in front of his beaten body.

"Stop this at once, don't lay another had on Naruto-kun!" I yelled, it had seemed Naruto had been attacked without warning, leaving him all beat up, though the other guy carried some injuries because Naruto-kun fought back.

"Hinata! Get out of here, I can handle this myself."

"Oh be quiet, have you seen yourself?" I said.

"Naruto, whose this? Another girl? She's really brave enough to defend you, huh?" He began getting closer. I furrowed my eyebrows. It's best I don't start anything now, but I will defend Naruto-kun.

But Naruto-kun grabbed my arm before throwing me back on the stairs, I hit my back slightly.

"This is between you and me, don't bring her into this or I swear I'll kill you with my bare hands."

Naruto-kun's voice was ruff. I could hear the threaten clear. He really wanted to defend me.

The guy simply looked passed him to then me.

"I'm bored now, but this will soon become interesting." he put his bat over his shoulders before walking out.

"I'll be back for you Uzumaki Naruto."

Naruto-kun soon collapsed and I fell to catch him.