Chapter |21|

|Hinata|

I sighed deeply as Naruto-kun kept throwing looks at me during class. It had been two days since he suddenly "confessed" his love for me. It was as if he thought I didn't know he was looking.

I turned my head to him and he didn't even try hiding the fact, and simply grinned cheekily. I stared him blankly before looking away. How long was he going to play this game.

It hasn't even been that long since Sakura-san so how can he claim he likes me. Though he does seem to "like" many women just from looks. Then why me? I thought we were so called friends. Now he wants to be lovers? Absolutely not.

Though without knowing it my eyes shot back to him when he wasn't looking before looking away again. I was simply watching him, making sure he was okay. I've always done this, it's nothing out of the ordinary.

When the class ended I waited for him to finish packing up.

"Did you pay attention? Today's lesson was important." I said, though it was simply cooking class.

"No.." He said looking at his bag on his desk as he put his papers away. "I was too busy looking at you."

He finished putting his bag over his shoulders. I sighed embarrassed slightly.

"Naruto-kun you should pay attention." I said as I followed him out.

"As well as drop the whole you liking me, it's annoying and it seems forced." I said. He stopped in his tracks before turning his head.

"We're still friends, even though I like you so there's really no problem Hina." He said before turning. For some reason my cheeks flushed from the slight nickname but I shook my head ignoring it.

"Yes we are still friends, but I do not believe that you are actually interested, you simply are a player and have nothing better to do. " I said coldly. He turned to me again, more aggressively.

He opened his mouth ready to speak but arms wrap around me.

"If it isn't my two buddies Hinata and Naruto." Kiba-kun said. I smiled slightly as I turned my head to Kiba-kun.

"Greetings Kiba-kun." I simply said. Shino-kun soon appeared as well.

"Hello to you too Shino-kun."

I turned to Naruto he frowned looking disappointed that they appeared. Before shooting me a glare. He then smiled to Kiba.

"Hey Kiba, Shino. How's it going?" He asked. They answered and all of us walked. We reached the class Naruto-kun and I had.

"Shouldn't you..let go of Hinata now?" Naruto-kun asked. I looked to Kiba who looked down at me. He use to do this when we were kids. He use to say I was his little sister.

Kiba shot his eyes to Naruto-kun.

"Why, you like her?" He asked protectively, smirking. I looked over to Naruto-kun to see what he would say. Probably say he did with his cockiness.

But all of us were shocked when he looked to the side.

"No, It's just I need someone to copy off of." He said. Kiba laughed before letting me go. He and Shino then left and I waved them goodbye before entering with Naruto. I smiled slightly. I knew it, he was bluffing.

"Seee, I knew you didn't like me." I said. He sighed.

"Then how come I get jealous when I see you with other guys? And how come when I think you'll leave soon, it makes me feel bad." He said. I turned to him seriously.