Chapter |26|

H

I forcefully pushed Naruto back with my arms before wiping my mouth. My face was heated, what was I doing? Naruto looked at me a little hurt.

"That must be Toneri-san," I said. I looked away from him. My heart was beating like a drum. I turned my back before I felt him grasp my body.

"Hinata, you kissed me back..I know you did..doesn't that mean I have a chance?" He asked. I bit my lip. It was true.

"I did..let you kiss me.." I said. He turned my body around.

"Don't go out with Toneri! Stay with me Hinata, we can...we can study or watch a movie!" He said with a grin. I gripped his hand that was on my shoulder.

The knocking got louder. I looked to the door. I looked back at him.

"Naruto-kun I-" His eyes dug into mine.

"We..we can't have a relationship.." I said. "Even if I did like you..that is against the policy."

There was a knock again. Naruto was getting frustrated. He let go of me before walking to the door. He opened it.

"Here you can listen to this, come her Hinata!" He yelled. I ran over to him before flashing my head at Toneri.

"Hinata look him in the eye and tell him you don't have feelings for me, that you have feelings for him." Naruto demanded. My eyes widened. Toneri watched me with shock at his words.

I felt my face heat up from embarrassment. My feelings for Toneri weren't anything compared to how I felt for Naruto.

"I..I'm sorry Toneri-san but I...I'm not interested in dating you. " his face flashed with a pain look before something sparked in his eyes. I could feel the grin on Naruto's face.

"But Naruto-kun has nothing to do with it, it's just I can't be in any relationships at the moment." I said, telling the truth.

I looked down at my dress. "I should have told you sooner..I apologize." I said bowing my head slightly.

I felt him lift me up. "It's okay Hinata-san I didn't expect you to have feelings for me yet, I understand what you have said. Let's not call this a date then, let's go out as friends."

I felt myself smile at him. Naruto then grabbed my hand.

"Since its a friend meet let me go get ready and I'll tag along." He said grinning widely. I opened my mouth to interrupt but he pulled me.

"Make yourself at home! Hinata's going to help me dress!" He yelled running up the stairs. But once we went down the hall he hugged me.

"Naruto-kun?" I yelled my face even more red. He pulled back. He gave me a soft smile.

"I'm so happy Hinata, you don't have feelings for Toneri, so I have a chance. " he said. I felt my heart clench before I looked to the side. My heart was already won over.

"Naruto-kun if you really care for my feelings you won't go."

He lifted his eyebrows,

"Just let me have this date with Toneri-san." I said. He looked shocked. He was about to talk but I gripped his hands and held them with mine. I then closed my eyes forcefully. As I held them in front of me.

"You can trust my feelings for you!" I said knowing that this was against the rules. I opened my eyes before watching as his face was slightly red. While his eyes were wide open.

I let go of his hands. He then with one hand cupped his mouth before looking to the side.

"O-Okay then, fine! " He said, he turned his back to me. "J-Just don't have too much fun!"

I felt myself smile.

"Ok."

N

"You can trust my feelings for you!"

What does that even mean? Does that mean Hinata has feelings for me? I sat on the other side of my bedroom door with my hands covering my face.

Why did I feel so happy? Why was my face so hot!? When Hinata said those words her image changed completely in my eyes. Her hard nature wasn't there. She looked so cute.

I removed my hands before thinking about the kiss. That was all it took for me to realize Hinata was different. She kissed me back.

What now? Will Hinata actually give me a chance to earn her. I care for Hinata and want to protect her, that's for sure but where these feelings love?

Suddenly there was a knock.

"Can I come in?"

It was dad! I quickly got up before sitting on my bed. Pulling the bandage off my nose. Luckily I healed a bit. I still had some bruises on my legs.

"Uh,.sure!" I yelled. The door opened before I saw his face. He was in a suit like always.

"I heard Hinata is out, you must feel bored." He said, what's with him bringing her up suddenly.

"So how have you been?" He asked. I looked at the ground.

"I've been fine just having some things to think about." I said. He walked in a little closer.

"School problems? Friends? Girls?" He asked, I looked up to the ceiling.

"Girls.." I said. He let out a chuckle.

"Girls Huh? Sakura?" He asked. I'm glad he didn't plainly say I didn't actually love her like mom.

"No, " I then remembered Hinata would be in trouble if I mentioned relationships with her.

"There's this other girl, I don't know if I actually have feelings for her." I said. He sighed.

"Love is difficult. I never was good with girls, I still don't know how I found someone like Kushina. She almost seemed too good for me." He said. I smiled slightly. Dad and mom really loved each other.

Just the look in their eyes when they talk about each other. The love. Did I have that?

"How does she make you feel?" He asked sitting on my bed.

"Uh.. well for starters, I get very jealous if she talks with other guys. I like watching her and I like talking to her. She might be a little mean to me but she's very nice and caring. She's also very cute! And she smells good! Sometimes I just want to be with her but I don't want to hurt her. I want to be there for her, and protect her but she can be a pain in the as-"

He started to laugh. I looked at him confused.

"What?" I asked embarrassed.

"I just think you like this girls, really like her. " He said. I felt my eyes widened.

"I do right? These feelings are real right?" I asked, desperate for an answer. He smiled with his eyes closed.

"I believe so, you have this look that makes you glow." He put his hand over my head messing with my hair.

" You remind me of your mother most of the time, but this time you look just like her. I'm sure if you showed this side to this girl, she'd feel loved." He said.

I felt my eyes widened before I smiled.

"Thanks dad! I'm going to try my best to earn her, you know!"

This is what I needed.