They all took their jackets and started getting ready. Manik strapped himself up pity soon and turned towards Nandini,
Manik: Hey, come here!

Nandini moved closer towards him and he pulled on to various belts and straps, pulling them tight before safely tucking them.
Manik: Ever done this before?

Nandini: Nope... Uh?

Manik: Yeah... School trips! Excited?

Nandini: Yes... Nervous more!

Manik: Just take care okay! I don't want any injuries.

Nandini rolled her eyes at him as she replied,
Nandini: Yes dad!

Manik: Hey, I m serious.... No Injuries!
Manik said again this time staring straight into her eyes, making Nandini nod very slowly.

The sound of someone clearing their throat, made them look to their side to find Elliot grinning at them.

Manik took a step back before pulling onto the final strap on Nandini's jacket.
Manik: Umn... Here, all done!

Nandini nodded at it putting a cap on her head as Elliot asked,
Elliot: Ready?

Manik nodded and looked at Nandini who eyed the mountain behind them.
Nandini: Yup, as ready as I'll ever be... Lets go...

They moved towards the rock as Nandini noticed the various ropes and harnesses tied right from the top of it. All the harnesses were at a distance of a few feet's making sure not to meet anywhere. She was busy looking all around when she saw Manik pulling her harness, twisting and turning it to make sure its tied firm enough.

Nandini: Manik.... Relax! It's fine, nothing is happening to me. U go tie urs okay!

Manik nodded at her words moving away while she shook her head at his concern. Soon they all started climbing, in which she couldn't help but notice Kyle and Elliot to be quite good as they were the fastest. Manik was trailing right behind her, but she knew it was just his over caring nature making him willing to keep an eye on her. He kept on making small encouraging comments towards her, while on the same time again and again telling her to be careful.

About an hour later, Nandini finally reached the top, Kyle holding her hand, to pull her up. Manik too reached at the same time, as they saw all the three guys already there while Ronnie and Becca were yet to come. As she removed the harness and the jacket, she saw Manik eyeing her arms and legs as if finding something making her finally snap,

Nandini: Manik chill..... I m fine! Stop looking at me like that, nothing happened, u were right next to me the entire time.

All three of her friends laughed at it. While manik rubbed his neck at her words, the tip of his ears turning pink on getting caught as Nandini finally smiled and walked closer to him. She lifted up her hand, removing a few bits of dust from his hair as she said,
Nandini: Stop worrying so much, or u'll see ur hair turning white within a few years.

Manik chuckled at her words, before wrapping his arms around her resting them on the small of her back.
Manik: Taking care of u comes as a second nature to be Nandini. If that gets me turning my hair white, u better find some way to hide them, or u'll be roaming around with an oldie.

Nandini rolled her eyes at him, tugging his hair.
Nandini: Oldie or not... I m not the one complaining, coz U'll still be handsome as hell.

Manik eyes brightened at her words making her chuckle.
Manik: Wow... A real compliment! This must be my lucky day.

Nandini: Don't get used to it.
Nandini whispered, making him roll his eyes but she could still see his eyes shining from her previous comment.

"Heyo Lovebirds! Back to earth...."
She heard Kyle shout from behind her making her hide her face in Manik's chest. She felt his Laughter vibrating through his chest as Kyle continued,