FINALE

A new pair of coffins rose out on the battlefield. They both had a Uchiha symbol on the front.

As the dust cleared from their entrance, the coffins stood like stone. Unmoving.

The ninja on the battlefield watched the giant boxes with uncertainty, fearing who might be inside.

Out of nowhere, the coffins began to rumble like small earthquakes. New dust clouds started forming as the coffins continued their trembling. The front of the coffins fell with a loud crunch against the rocky ground below.

The ninjas' fear grew as the new reanimations manifest.

One in particular felt his emotions skyrocket.

"Neechan?"
_

CANON EVENTS HAVE BEEN SEVERELY ALTERED IN THIS CHAPTER

_

warning: sexual assault (no smut), angst, etc.

_

_

Naruto felt like a knife was digging into him, slicing him up slowly. He felt the pain like a thousand needles. He barely noticed that Kaiwa was younger than him now, instead focusing on her.

The look in her eyes was not what he remembered.

Sure, he'd seen emptiness, pain, and sadness, but he'd never seen her completely empty. It was like she didn't have a soul at all.

Her eyes were grey, a contrast to her dark red sharingan that shone against her dusty-colored skin.

What had they done to her?

Naruto was so shocked looking at her that he blinked and she was gone. But he was flying through the air.

When he got up off the ground, he barely managed to dodge a hoard of fireballs created by Kaiwa. As soon as the smoke cleared, Naruto had to pull out a kunai to deflect Kaiwa's kunai.

Her arm was unprotected. Naruto could've hit her there, flipped her over, and taken her out. But the thought barely crossed his mind.

"Naruto!" Sakura called out through the dust cloud.

Naruto couldn't reply. At a speed matched by lighting, Kaiwa had torn an oil packet open with her teeth and let it cover a set of tiny shuriken.