1.

Asher

This bow tie felt like it was choking the life out of me, but at the same time, I almost didn't mind, especially at this Insufferable event.

"Honey, it's a charity event. Don't look so displeased," My wife Charlotte says, sipping her dainty glass of wine and giving me the 'Fix your face' look.

I sigh and adjust my bow tie.

"You know I hate these events," I whisper.

"Yes, but this is for a great cause" She sets the glass down and places her hands on my chest. "Now stop pouting, or I'll have to put you in the naughty chair" She smiles and gently kisses my lips.

Another year, another charity event. I'm convinced Charlotte and I go to these things once a month. We all know whatever "charity" it is never touches that money.

"Asher, Charlotte. How are you?" Linda Holiday approaches us with that fake smile she gives everyone.

I roll my eyes and take a sip of my whiskey. "We're wonderful, Linda. How are you and Peter?" Charlotte goes on to have small talk with Linda as I zone out.

"You, too, have a great night!" Linda walks off, leaving Charlotte and me alone once again.

"Maybe we should call it a night," I sigh, taking my wife's hand.

"Oh, don't be silly, Asher. We just got here, excuse me. Gunther! Hi!" She walks over to him, and then I'm alone. I walk towards the exit hoping Charlotte will be brief.

"Asher!" I'm almost outside before I hear some of my friends call me. "Where the hell do you think you're going?" Harry pulls me into a bear hug.

"What are you guys doing?" I laugh.

"We saw you and Charlotte over there. She still not giving you any?" Justin whispers.

"Shut up! I knew I should have never told you guys" I shake my head.

"Whatever! Listen, Vegas is next weekend. We have something big planned for you," Justin says. I have known my friends since college, and it could not be a good surprise.

"I'm a married man. You better not hire any strippers. It's a damn business trip. We will take care of our business and leave" I set my glass on a nearby table.

"We got it" The guys nod, but I know what I just said went in one ear and out the other.

"Uh-huh, You guys have a good night" I roll my eyes and walk out the doors. I remove my ticket from my vest pocket and pass it to the young valet. He hurries off as I stand outside on my own.

"I thought I said we should stay a little longer" Charlotte comes out with her hands on her hips.

"I know what you said, honey, but I can't do it anymore. I gave my donation, and I heard all the insensitive speeches. Now I'm ready to leave" I look down at my Rolex. "Look, It's 9:45!" she has an unamused look on her beautiful, pale face.

"Whatever," she walks closer to me and crosses her arms over her chest, annoyed at my actions. I didn't like to see her upset, but all she wanted to do was talk to everyone about things I had no idea about. It is time to go. They have our car ready for us, and I open Charlotte's door. She gets in without looking at me.

When we get home, I open her door again and take her hand as she walks before me. I peek at her body in the red silk dress she wore so exquisitely. I place my hand on her back as we walk up the driveway into the house.

As the most prominent real estate mogul in Angel City, I'm doing great for myself. At 32, I already had all I could imagine—properties in almost all major cities, foreign cars, and a gorgeous wife. Things were quite comfortable for Charlotte and me.

"Remember, we have Jenna and Val's engagement party tomorrow," Charlotte says, removing her earrings.

"Ah, What time is that again?" I ask.

"It's at 6. Is there somewhere you have to be?" she comes and stands in front of me, indicating for me to unzip her dress.

"I have a business meeting, remember?" I unzip her dress, which slides down, revealing her perfect body. If Vampires existed, Charlotte would be one. Her skin was so milky white. That is what drives me mad about her. She is stunning.

I place a soft kiss on her shoulder. She shivers slightly. My hands snake around her front, and I grab her perfect-sized breast and squeeze. Things with Charlotte sexually have been strained. We have not had the opportunity to have sex as much as I would have liked. Charlotte is very conscious of not getting pregnant yet. She is an attorney at one of the biggest law firms in Angel City, and she made it very clear to me that children were not an option until she became a partner at her firm.

After three years of marriage, I'm dying to make love to my wife almost every day. If it were up to me, I would have ten kids by now. I'm not getting any younger here. Neither is Charlotte at 30 years old.

"I was holding back all night with you prancing around in that God-forsaken dress," I whisper in her ear. She moans as I continue to massage her breast. She wants it as much as I did. I know she did. I turn her around and crash my lips onto her soft, pink lips. She kisses me back hungrily. I pick her up, and she wraps her legs around my waist, and I carry her to our bed.

It's been a couple of weeks since we've been intimate like this. My cock is thanking her for it by being hard as a rock already. I need to be inside of her. I remove her panties, eager to get the show on the road. I unbuckle my pants and let them drop to my ankles. I felt like I couldn't get these clothes off fast enough.

"Asher, " Charlotte whispers, and I can see she's ready for me.

"Yes, baby" I unbutton my shirt as I stare down at her.

"I don't think we should do this," she says. Instantly killing my mood.

"Are you serious, Charlotte?" I sigh and sit at the edge of the bed, pulling my pants up. She comes next to me and throws her arms around me.

"Asher, I have a plan for my life. I want to make partners before I have kids. I don't want us to have another scare as we did a couple of weeks ago" She looks down

"Stop saying scare. We almost had a fucking baby Charlotte! We're in our 30's. We aren't getting any younger" I get up from where I was sitting and face her.

"You do not have to remind me! Asher, My daddy will kill me if I do not make partner because I'm knocked up" I roll my eyes.

"Oh my God, Charlotte! Your daddy? What the fuck does Fred have to do with this? This is our life! We decide what we want, and I want to have children with you. Don't you want children, Charlotte?" She looks down at her toes and remains silent. "This is not about Fred, is it?" I ask, moving closer to her. She stands and reaches for my hands, but I move away.

"Asher, Children are something I never really wanted. I only said I would put it off until after I became a partner because..."

"Because you couldn't just tell me you didn't want any children," I finish her sentence.

"It's just that it was never something I wanted. I thought you would get over this whole thing, but I hear more and more of it as the years go on."

I nod my head. "Good to know," grabbing my phone, I walk out to one of the guest bedrooms.

*********

Hi Friends!

Thank you for reaching the first chapter of a crazy rollercoaster ride. I'm so grateful you chose this book to read.

Please remember to Share and Comment. Let me know what you think!

Thank you.

Much love ❤️