UNFINISHED BUSINESS Chapters 10 - 19

Chapter Ten

He followed her as she left Franco’s. She hadn’t recognised him. Neither had Seb and Michael twenty minutes earlier, they walked straight past him as he leaned against a lamppost, pretending to study an AtoZ map of London.

He watched them snog, feeling aroused, remembering how good Michael tasted. Seb was pleasing, but Michael was special.

This was fun, he was inconspicuous, free as a bird.

He braved standing behind Tara as she waited at the kerb for the traffic lights to change. A small crowd of pedestrians gathered, pushing them closer together, so close he smelt the familiar smell of her apple shampoo, it made him smile, she hadn’t changed, she was still his beautiful angel. He closed his eyes and breathed her in.

Lost in the moment, he reached out to stroke her silky blonde locks but a gust of wind smartly blew the hair across her back and away from his fingertips. He grinned and looked up, the Devil was keeping an eye… tut tut! not yet dear boy.

Sensing she was being watched, Tara turned round, anxiously looking over her shoulder.

He flinched; his hand caught mid-air, had she seen him? He turned his wrist and pretended to check his watch. She stared straight through him, with no flinch, no recognition as she searched the crowd.

He breathed a sigh of relief.

The traffic stopped, the lights changed and the group herded off the kerb, bringing Tara with them. He stood alone on the pavement, watching her walk away.

Looking up at the sky and winked at the Devil.

Let the games begin.

Chapter Eleven

Tara’s Apartment

K9-2L wrote:

wot u up to pussycat? wanna play?

The ping of the message interrupted her day dream; she was lost in thought sitting at her desk staring blankly at the laptop screen. David was dead but he still managed to frighten her. All the way home from Franco’s she was sure she could feel his presence and hear the Click Click of his camera, was he haunting her?

When would it stop? Would she ever be free?

K9-2L wrote;

hey, u there lover? am long and hard for you.

She wasn’t in the mood for cyber-sex; her fingers snapped a reply in the chat box.

Blueyz wrote;

no thanx, am not in the mood tonight K9-2L, sori.

The news of David’s death shattered her, she didn’t want him dead, she wanted him alive, repaired, given a chance at life.

Closing her eyes, she was back there with him, in his flat, tasting his sweat, feeling the weight of his body, smelling the sweetness of his skin. Flickering candlelight, classical music, silky cool sheets... ropes, knives… red wine, spluttering, drowning. She shook her head…. shit.

She hadn’t touched a drop of red wine since, he’d poured it down her throat until she gagged, almost choked to death. Now, the thought of it made her retch.

K9-2L wrote;

ahhhh yes please! now baby, now! open ur legs.

Why had the dreams returned? Two or three nights this past week she had woken up exhausted, covered in sweat, it frightened her. She couldn’t remember detail, but knew that David was in the dreams; making sweet love to her, the sex was good, very good.