FFL: Chapter Nineteen

Start from the beginning

"So, what's going on with you yougin' ? " Chris asked sitting next to me.

I wiped my face and groaned angrily, "I don't know man. I hate love." I answered honestly.

He nodded his head, "Wow. What happened ? You're still thinking about that girl ? What's her name again ? Kim ? "

"I already told you bro, she's back." Xavier said then took a sip of his drink.

"What's the problem then Aug ? " Trey asked seeming concerned with my love life.

I looked down at my hands, "I...I don't know to be honest.She knows I love her and she kissed this guy. It felt like my heart dropped in less than one minute. I asked her if she loves me and she still can't answer that. Maybe I'm wasting my time."

"Well...maybe she's not ready to be in a relationship and you need to give her some time."

"Okay, but I'm tired to wait ! She's saying that she's confused and all, but I saw that kiss."

"Hey, love had not been created to be something easy." Chris said chuckling, "Me and Karrueche had hard times, but we couldn't help and still come back to each other. And now, she's carrying my baby. You have to be patient with love, you can't rush it." He added causing me to think.

"And if you and Kim are meant to be, then it's gonna happen, but you can't rush love." Xavier said and I nodded my head.

"Yeah, okay...But what Imma gonna do with the other nigga ? He definitely can't stay, he's an obstacle." I asked getting pissed again. That kiss kept playing in my head.

"What is his relationship with Kim exactly ? " Trey asked.

I shrugged, "I don't really know. I think they were friends when they were kids and then he reappeared in front of my door from nowhere and they were so happy to see each other again, ignoring me by the way. Kim considers him as a simple friend, but him...I saw it in his eyes, he still likes her and I think he want to have something with her, but it's not gonna happen. And there are others crazy things." I explained as they were all listening carefully to me.

"Wow ! It sounds like she's coming with a lot." Chris commented then sighed shaking his head. If only he knew.

I nodded my head, "Yeah, she's dealing with a lot..." I said thinking about everything she had to live these past three years.

"Look, Naïma was coming with a big baggage too, but I still wanted to be with her. So, I fought for her. I didn't give up. And when she confessed to me her heavy past, man I was so proud to be with a woman like her. No lie. She was even more perfect to me. Now, we're married and have beautiful kids. We're happy. I chased her heart and at the end it was worth it. As Chris said, love is not easy. And it can go in a snap, but if you work for it, fight for your love and never give up, you'll get her. Now, love is testing you and you have to be strong. And mainly patient."

I registered everything they were saying understanding that I really had to be patient. Though my mother told me not to rush her, I listened half of it and created tension between Kim and I. But it was hard. I wanted to already be back with her as before, but better. And that kiss ! Next time I'll see this nigga...

"I got it. But..." I sighed, "...It's really not easy. I was good and then love found me."

They chuckled, "No choice nigga." Chris said and I joined them in their laugh.

"Thanks y'all."

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

It was now eleven p.m and the house was quiet. I locked the front door behind me and went upstairs. I knocked on her door and then walked in.

She was on her bed crying. I couldn't help but felt bad. I was tired to see her cry and wanted to see more smiles on her face.

I sat next to her and kissed her cheek gently, "I don't want us to be mad at each other, Aug. You're one of the only persons I have in my life and I don't want to lose you for petty shit." She said then sniffed.

"Ya're not gonna lose me, Kim." I reassured her.

"And I didn't kiss him. I swear he did. I was so surprised, I didn't know what to do, so I didn't stop it. And to be honest with you...I was wishing it was you who were kissing me at this moment." She confessed making my heart jump in my chest.

"Really ? " I asked grinning like a fool.

She nodded her head shyly, "Yeah. Listen, I still have feelings for you, but I'm also lost with myself right now. I have to deal with me before to get in another relationship at first. I have to find myself again. I have to be comfortable with myself again. I have to do so much things with just me, Aug, I'm not ready to share my life with someone else like that yet. Please, give me some time and don't rush me."

"A'ight. Ya know, we can start with a friendship like we used to be before. And when ya'll be ready to give me your heart again, just tell me."

She beamed and hugged me tightly, "I hope you'll be able to wait for me. I'll try not to take too long though."

I shook my head, "No, don't rush yarself. I'll wait, don't worry about this."

We pulled away smiling, "Hey, I have to host this party tomorrow, want to come ? "

"Yeah, we do need to have some fun." She answered and laid on her bed. I laid next to her and she placed her head on my chest. We stayed silent both in our thoughts and then we fell asleep.

I was wondering what love had in its bag for the days to come though and I was hoping that Kim and I were ready. And mainly meant to be.

Love is a friendship...

_________________

Let me know what you think about this chapter.

A/N: If y'all want to know more about Trey and Naïma's story, you can read my other book Pretty Girls Lie :)

Thanks for having read

Sorry for the mistakes.