Her jaw was clenched with her teeth being gritted together which makes her face muscles move. Her breathing was harsh as not even for second took eyes from my face. My breath hitched as she inched her face from mine and making my confidence falter for a second. I need to calm down. She's just your bodyguard.

The bodyguard you have to grow to like.

That's the truth.

This past two days I was hard to stop myself thinking about her. But I can't. I came to realize right now... standing in front of her... our faces almost touching with shallow breathing... I can't run away from her if I wanted. She's in my blood. She's a fucking drug who I'm addicted too... that scares me.

A lot.

"You did too," I mumbled softly with my confidence flattering away. My hands become clammy and heart pounding against my chest as her eyes rose up in confusion. "The day you kissed me in elevator... you ran away... but firstly, when we were at the party, you run away for the first time..."

"You... you remember?" She gasped pushing her body away from mine making me instantly miss the warmth of her body.

I nodded with a heavy sigh escaping my mouth as my mind wandered to a memory of Dan's party. Yesterday, when I was out for a walk the strange memories of the party, hit my head of her kissing me. Yeah, kissing. I didn't remember the whole thing, just fragments to put a whole picture.

Me dancing with Sophie, later she was gone and I was left with Maverick by my side... the loud music and alcohol running through my veins clouded my mind and we somehow appeared in the bedroom in a second floor with her mouth being placed on mine and me not complaining not even for a second... until she got a call and everything was gone.

"It's not me who's running from you... it's you, Mave."

I smiled bitterly pushing myself away from the counter too and was ready to walk to my room when a soft hand got a grip of mines and I was pushed against soft chest... into arms making me feel warm and safe. I don't fight with her grip around me and just stood her with my arms slowly finding their way to her waist as I enjoyed her calming heartbeat.

I can't fight it.

I can't fight it with my heart anymore.

"I'm not running away, not anymore." I heard her mumbled into my hair with one of her hands running through them making my heart tremble with warmth spreading across her.

"What?" I asked when I finally got a message she's trying to say and broke from her grip instantly missing her arms wrapping around me.

"You heard me, princess." She tilted head letting her dark hair fall on her forehead as her blue eyes pierced straight at mines one making it look like she's gazing straight at my soul. "I can't fight it anymore... this... you," She gestured with her hand frantically between us. "It scares me... you fucking terrifying me, princess. It's wrong... but yet, feels so right... I don't wanna lose you,-"

"You're married." I blurted out with my throat tightening from overwhelming feeling in my body from the thought of her being with someone else, but at the same time using me.

"What? No! where did you get that?" She shook head frantically narrowing her eyes at my side, trying to figure out me.

"That woman... Natalie... or something like that and that kid... is he yours? I mean, of course, it's yours... he's like a mini you,-"

"Hey breathe... in and out." Maverick calm voice pulls me out of my rambling making me look up at the sky blue eyes who held nothing, but happiness in them.