Chapter Six

Aubrey was in the booth, recording one of her new songs. She wrote the song by herself; she was proud that she was finally making her own music. While she was singing, she saw Jordan through the glass window. She did her best to contain herself, so she would not ruin the recording process and luckily, she was able to do that. Once she finished recording, she got out of the booth to greet him. He hugged her gently once he saw her, making her blush a little.

            "I didn't know you were coming." She smiled at him as they pulled back.

            "I hope it's not a bad surprise," he told her.

            "Definitely a good one!"

            "I like the song, by the way, you should actually record an acoustic version of it," he suggested.

            "We're actually planning to do that," she informed him.

            "Are you up for dinner? If not, it's okay. I know you didn't know I'm coming, but I actually like your company," Jordan told her, making her cheeks turn into a light shade of pink.

            "I actually have nothing to do. Are you up for Mexican food?" She tilted her head to the side a little.

            "Absolutely!"

            "Austin, I'm done for today, right?" Aubrey asked her manager.

            "Yes, you're free to go," he said. Just when she was about to leave with Jordan, she saw Edmond. She did not understand why Edmond made an appearance a lot at the studio when he definitely had more important stuff to do. She hated his presence as he always made her uncomfortable.

            "You finished what you had to do today, Aubrey?" Edmond asked her.

            "Yes, I have been here for five hours," Aubrey answered him.

            "Jordan Hill, it's great to meet you." Edmond shook Jordan's hand. "I'm Edmond Samuels, Aubrey's Producer," he introduced himself.

            "It's great to meet you too," Jordan said. On comparing the two men together according to their looks, Jordan was definitely a winner. With his toned body, light brown hair, blue eyes and sharp jawline, Jordan was the definition of a handsome man.

            "You guys going somewhere?" Edmond asked, interfering in their personal lives. Aubrey was a very private person. "I thought you're not up for dating, Aubrey."

            "I'm not going on a date." Aubrey frowned.

            "You're quick to make assumptions, but we're just friends. Now if you excuse us, we need to go, my sister is waiting for us. Have a good day." Jordan ended the unpleasant conversation and left with Aubrey. They took Jordan's car and Jordan told her that he would drive her back to her car later.

            "Jessica is waiting for us somewhere? Wait, where are we going?" Aubrey looked at him in confusion once they were away from Edmond.

            "I only said that to end the conversation. I don't like him," Jordan said, walking with her to his car.

            "That makes two of us." 

            "Couldn't you find a better producer?" Jordan asked her once they got in the car.

            "When you're new, you kind of try to make the most out of any opportunity," she replied, looking at him for a couple of seconds. "It's not like I see him every day, but he honestly makes me uncomfortable," she admitted.

            "He is such a perv! I saw him checking you out," Jordan pointed out, causing Aubrey to cringe.

            "He asked me out on a date, but I refused," she said. "He made it clear that I'd be able to make it big if... you know... I agreed to spend a few nights with him." She tried to put it in the best way.

            "Oh God, he's horrible," Jordan mumbled. "How long is your contract with him?"

            "Two years. Three months have already passed."

            "You'll make it big in no time, record labels will offer you great deals," Jordan assured her. He made mental notes to run some researches on Edmond. He was not too fond of him. He did not like the way he was eyeing Aubrey. As a man, he knew what Edmond wanted just by the looks of lust in his eyes.

This chapter is nothing but a filler! I know the rhythm of the story might be slow, but I promise you, I will spice things up that you might end up hating a certain character 😉😉

I will post another chapter by Sunday 😘😘

Have a good weekend❤️️❤️️

Sara

Published on June 28th, 2019