"Oh.. okay.."

"I-I have a bottle in my bag.. I-I still have more m-meds to take.."

He quickly reached into my backpack and pulled out the half empty water bottle, twisting the cap open for me. I swallowed two pills from the second bottle, grabbing the water from him.

"What... What happened..?" He asked as I handed him the prescription bottles to put away.

"I don't know... I-I don't know... turn around"

"What?"

"Turn around."

"Why?"

"Just turn around!"

He sighed and turned his head. I quickly checked the monitor under my clothes. 256.

"Shit" I whispered to myself

He whipped around

"What, what's the matter?"

I rushed to pull the bottom of my shirt back down, but my reflexes weren't near fast enough

"What's that?"

"It's nothing!" I snapped

"Kevin, what is it?!"

"It's nothing, i-it's just an event monitor"

"What? What's that?"

"Look, I-I need to calm down, please j-just let me lay down.."

I laid down on the floor, squeezing my eyes shut and forcing deep breaths. I kept my hand over my mid-chest, feeling like if I didn't hold it down, my heart would leap from my chest.

"..let me see"

"What?" I panted

He lifted my shirt to see the monitor, near gasping when he saw its entirety. He expected it to just be maybe a little box with a number. He was shocked to see the plethora of wires, tape and electrodes on my chest.

"Jesus Christ.

"Stop looking! I-I have to go, I can't be here"

"You're not just going to get up and leave!"

"And why not!? I don't want to be here, I-I'm going home!"

"You just fainted, you can't be behind a wheel!"

I shook my head rapidly

"I-I want to go, I-I didn't want you to see this-"

"Hold my hand" he reached our forward

I shook my head again. I was afraid. If I'm holding his hand, what does that mean? Does that affirm my twisted delusions of fantasy? Does that make me.. unusual?

My eyes were watering, but I forced them back

"Stop being such a child, hold my hand" he scolded

I gave in and took his hand, holding tightly. Trying to let out all my fear and anger in that. He knew I was scared. And that was embarrassing beyond belief.

"...when were you going to tell me this?"

"I wasn't" I answered matter-of-factly

"Kevin you need to tell me these things! You just collapsed backstage, you got lucky that it wasn't serious, but what if it was? And nobody knew what was happening or what we should do? Kevin!"

"Don't yell at me, you don't get to yell at me"

"I'm sorry... What's a normal heart rate?"

"60 to 100."