Chapter 30 - Motel California

Start from the beginning

I turn on my heel and hold up the room key "You guys can take the beds, I have a feeling I won't be able to sleep here" I state, earning a chuckle from Allison as she shakes her head softly "We can share a bed" still won't be able to sleep

She moves her eyes over her shoulder and turns around "Lydia?"

I follow her eyes and step closer to Lyds as she shakes her head and moves her eyes every which way around the building in front of us "I don't like this place..."

I cross my arms and look between them, not wanting to look behind me at the building again just yet "I don't either– I can't shake this feeling like something bad happened here" or is going to happen here

Allison tries to lighten the mood "Come on guys– I mean I don't think even the people who own this place like this place," she looks between us and sets her hands on each of our arms "Okay? It's only for a night."

A feel an involuntary shiver run down my spine at her words, finally looking over my shoulder and muttering quietly into the space around us "A lot can happen in one night, Ally."

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

We find our room 217 and I slide the key into the lock, opening the door to a pungent stale cigarette smell that hits us right in the face smells like a Casino

Deeming the table a safe enough surface we set our bags on it and find the light switch, which does nothing for making the room look better.

Allison sighs and sets the 'non-smoking room' sign down on the dresser hard enforced rule obviously and moves to check out the bathroom, coming out a second later "Well that isn't absolutely terrifying so I'm going to take a shower unless either of you want one first?"

I shake my head as Lydia goes to see for herself, turning on her heel and making a hmpf noise "It's passable but the towels smell just as bad as the room– I'll go get new ones," and she's out the door before we can argue plus they'll all be the same more than likely

Allison shares a chuckle with me before setting her hand on my crossed arms, breaking my staring contest with the door "We'll be out of here before you know it okay?"

I smile and nod slightly "Ah-yeah– umm Stiles said he needed to fill me in on something so I'll head over there if you're sure you're okay to be alone."

She nods and steps back towards the bathroom "I've been showering on my own for years– besides Lydia will be right back."

"Right– okay then, I'll get snacks on my way back" I grab some money out of my bag for the vending machine and head out the door, down the hall towards room 213 that Stiles and Scott are waiting in.

I hear "Come in" as soon as I knock and once I open the door and close it behind me, I notice Scott and Stiles laying on the end of each of the beds with their feet resting on the ground two peas in a pod

I grab a chair from the desk and set it in between both sets of feet, sitting down with my legs crossed on the seat.

I hear Stiles let out a sigh, holding up his hand as he states "All right, so I have four."

"Four?" Scott and I question before Scott elaborates "You have four suspects?"

Stiles bounces his knees as he answers "Yeah, it was originally ten. Well, nine technically, I guess– I had Derek on there twice."