Chapter 24 - Master Plan

Start from the beginning

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

We're just walking inside the burned Hale house with Derek and Peter when my phone rings. I pull it out of my back pocket and see Noah's contact picture of him, Stiles and I last summer. Swallowing the lump in my throat I hit the green button and clear my throat "Hey Mr. S..."

"Addy, he's home. He's okay– well he says he's fine but kid– I– I think you should come talk to him" Noah rushes out as soon as I answer the phone.

Tears instantly well in my eyes and I look up at Scott as I answer Noah in a shaky voice even to my ears "He– he's okay?"

I can hear the smile in his voice with his next words "He's okay kid. Can you drive over, or do you need me to come pick you up? I think– I think he'd really like to see you."

I'm already nodding even though he can't see and Scott sets the keys in my hand as I answer Noah "I've got the car, I'm on my way."

"Okay kid, drive safe, I'll see you soon."

I end the call and Scott softens his face as he nods and sets his hands on my shoulders "Go, I'll keep you posted."

Stepping forward I hug him and turn to walk out the front door.

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

Noah opens the door before I even make it up the front steps and envelops me in a hug as soon as I'm walking through the doorway.

He pulls back and I set my hands on his arms, offering him a nod before I start up the steps.

I reach Stiles' closed door, hesitating before taking a deep breath, and raise my hand up to knock twice.

Hearing his voice, though not really being able to make out what he mumbled on the other side of the door, I knock again.

I hear the door knob rattle before the door is being swung open at the same time I hear "Dad, how many times do I have to sa–"

His eyes widen slightly and I finally feel like I can breathe for the first time in however many hours "Addy–"

Hearing his voice say my name when I was beginning to think I never would again, I don't even think twice before I jump forward on my tippy toes and wrap my arms around his neck, crashing my body into his.

He doesn't even budge, just takes a shocked audible breath in as he wraps his arms around my waist and tightly hugs me back.

He drops his head into the crook of my neck and I can't help the tears that pool in my eyes and the sniffle that follows as I tighten my arms around him which of course he hears since his ear is right there

He pulls back, keeping one arm still around my lower back as he furrows his brows and lifts his other hand up to the side of my face swoon level 10 reached

Completely oblivious to my inner freak out he moves his thumb under my eye wiping the tears that fell do you hear the sound of my slow death because oh.my.god.

Seeming to come back to himself he clears his throat, drops his arm and takes a step back from me. He lifts his hand that was on my face up behind him to rub his neck "How did you–"