Chapter 24 - Master Plan

Start from the beginning

Scott hits him on the arm and looks over my shoulder what now?

I furrow my brows and turn around, shock crossing my features at seeing Derek standing off to the side of the room "We need to talk" he states like the brooding master he is.

Before we can ask about what since it will be taking a back seat to what we'll actually be doing with finding Stiles anyways Peter fucking Hale walks out behind him and states "All of us"

"Holy shit" Scott and I mutter as I widen my eyes at the very not dead ex-alpha in front of us.

Scott shakes his head and takes a step forward at the new guests "What the hell is this?"

Derek raises his brows and condescendingly tilts his head back and forth "You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the Sheriff's station" misunderstanding shots fired

"Okay, hold on. He– he threatened to kill Addy and our mom so I had to get close to him– what was I supposed to do?"

I flick my head towards him with that development now I feel bad for being upset, great now guilt is added to my already shitty feeling of the evening

Peter raises his arm "I'm gonna go with Scott on this one. Have you seen their mom? She's gorgeous."

Derek, Scott and I level him with a glare and mutter "Shut up"

Isaac leans over towards me and chimes in "Who's he?"

Scott sighs and answers first "That's Peter, Derek's Uncle. Little while back, he tried to kill us all,"

I click my tongue and add with a raised brow "Almost succeeded with Lydia and I the night of the formal. Later that same evening we set him on fire, aaand Derek slashed his throat."

Peter just smirks at us and raises a hand with a little wave "Hi"

I roll my eyes as Isaac stands up straight beside me again, muttering "That's good to know."

Scott and I turn our attention to Derek inquiring "How is he alive?"

Peter tilts his head to the side "They're exceptionally good at that– it's fascinatingly freaky."

I flick my eyes over to him as he chuckles and Derek sighs "Guys look, the short version is he knows how to stop Jackson– and maybe how to save him."

Scott looks over to me and I raise a shoulder before flicking my eyes over to the family duo "Well, that's very helpful except Jackson's dead."

Peter widens his eyes as Derek flicks his head my direction "What?"

"Yeah, Jackson's dead. It just happened on the field," Scott digresses as Derek and Peter share a look.

Isaac looks to me before he makes a noise in the back of his throat and looks back to Derek "Okay, why is no one taking this as good news?"

Peter sighs "Because if Jackson is dead, it didn't just happen– Gerard wanted it to happen."

Derek shakes his head and turns to his side towards his uncle "But why?"

Peter clicks his tongue and walks closer to us "Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out and something tells me the window of opportunity is closing– quickly."