The Great Escape

Začať od začiatku

The cold waters and her fear made her body tremble dangerous as Thorin held tightly onto her, fearing if he let go she would slip away from him forever. It wasn't long before Bilbo fell through just like they had with a small yelp and a splash to follow. Nori being closest to him helped him up as he hung onto the side of the barrel like Artemis as Thorin gave a smile.

"Well done Master Baggins" He congratulated as Bilbo still panting from the sudden hit in the water gave a weak wave in response. With the use of the current and paddling they reached a small waterfall.

"HOLD ON!" Thorin shouted as he soon felt Artemis's grip slip from his as his eyes widened in panic as he took a deep breath before getting plunged into the water. Being tossed around the water and down the water rapids, Dwalin see's the elves running on after them as the horn is blown signalling their escape. Up ahead at the final gateway they watched as an Elf pulled down another lever blocking the gate.

"NO!" Thorin cried out once again as Thorin went first into the bared gate as he tried to push it open though the metal was too strong. Soon they began to pile up as the elves drew weapons. Artemis finally came up for breath as Bofur grabbed hold of her as she clung to the side of his barrel shaking. Bilbo watched as en Elf was shot in the back with an Orc arrow.

"Watch out!" Fili warned as the body splashed down into the water, as the orcs began to flow into the Mirkwood palace attacking the Elves. Using the weapons they could from the fallen warriors they had to protect each other as Kili jumped out of his barrel, across others and ran up the steps to open the gate.

"KILI!" Dwalin shouted out as Dwalin threw a weapon in his direction as he fought an Orc before making his way back up the steps. Beheading another Orc, Fili threw a dagger into another one to protect his brother. However suddenly Kili felt an arrow pierce threw his right leg.

"KILI!" Fili cried out in horror and fear as Kili fell backwards wounded as Thorin turned in fear.

"Kili!" He whispered.

Another Orc would have killed Kili since he was wounded if Tauriel, hadn't shot him. Her arrows were killing those who tried to reach Kili as he struggled up to his feet to push down on the lever. More and more elves including Legolas came out and started fighting against the Orcs. Once the lever had been pulled down Kili fell down into a barrel once again groaning, as the arrow snapped, as the barrels began to ride down another waterfall.

Falling down the first waterfall the rapids were rough as they were tossed and dunked. Orc arrows began to pierce through the wooden barrels as they kept getting tossed and turned by each waterfall and rapid they entered. Artemis struggled to keep hold on the side of Thorin's barrel as the rapids ripped her away as she tumbled under the water.

When Orcs jumped out at the dwarves they would slay them with the weapons they had and stole more. Throwing them between them, the elves started to join them once more. Constantly being turned and splashed it was hard to know which way was up. An Orc went to attack Balin, as Thorin threw a sword hitting him in the throat and pinning him to the tree trunk over the river. As they past he dropped his weapon as Thorin started to throw it back until it reach Fili.

Gasping for air Dwalin grabbed hold of Artemis as he noticed her pale and weakened state as she was barely able to hold onto his barrel before she was dragged under the water once again. Dwalin tried to grab hold of her with a cry before she vanished from his view once more.

An Orc jumped on Dwalin just as he was going down a waterfall, breaking his neck he grabbed his axe before holding onto his barrel tighter. A log across the river was swarming with Orcs as Thorin slashed at it with his axe then Dwalin when the current took him under. It broke sending them into the water, as Bombor was thrown a spear, before somehow was flipped into the air, knocking over Orcs as he went.

His barrel was breaking, as he ended up on land. Kicking the bottom of the barrel out and drawing his two weapons he spun knocking out his enemy before falling back into the water in the empty barrel that should have been Bilbo's. After another waterfall Legolas jumped landing on two dwarves heads as he started shooting arrows at the oncoming Orcs. Jumping and turning round, Dwalin and Oin growled as he soon jumped off and started attacking back on land. Running along the dwarf's heads and the edges of their barrels he leapt to the other side of the river to attack.

Bilbo noticed Artemis in the distance struggling to keep her head above the water before they harshly turned around a corner as the rapid grew rougher. He watched and drew a deep breath as he was dragged under the water along with her once more as he swam trying to keep afloat. Thorin noticed the currents slowly began to soften as the travelled further down the river and that the noise had reduced as he couldn't see any threat.

"Anything behind us?" Thorin called as they all struggled to paddle in their barrels towards the beach.

"Not that I can see" Balin called out as they continue to paddle as Bofur spat out water from inside the barrel and looked around.

"I think we've out run the Orcs" He called out cheerfully and hopefully.

"Not for long. We've lost the current. Make for the shore" Thorin called as they eventually made it to the shore. They help each other out of the barrels, soaking wet. Kili groans grabbing his leg as his leg and gives out from the arrow still stuck inside. He tries to pull it out but he can't as he tries to put on a brave face as Bofur looks concerned.

"I'm fine. It's nothing" He insisted as he winced through his pain and let Fili take a look.

"Wait, where's Artemis?" Bilbo shivered as everyone turned round looking for her concerned as Thorin felt his breath catch in his lungs. Water! She feared water! Running back to the edge he searched the water in sign of her, how could he be so stupid as to let her go when they were travelling down the currents. Noticing a glimmer of red Thorin dove head first into the water ignoring the protests of his companions.....