23

Twenty Three

"This is beyond pathetic girls" veronica walked into the Lounge sitting in between a very pregnant Hailey and Jess.

It had been a whole day since the guys left for Trevor's birthday celebration and to make for time, we all decided to camp out at the house. Veronica was back for a few days after modelling in India so it was the perfect time to catch up like we used to.

Veronica was a friend from school and she was the closest to a real goddess that I've ever seen.

"What, the woman is about to go into labour, her nails need to be polished and ready" Jess said lifting her head from painting Hailey's toes a lovely Pink inspired by the gender of the baby.

Jess is obviously exaggerating Hailey isn't due for another 2 weeks.

I have to give credit to Hailey if I was heavily pregnant and my man decided to go on a guy's trip, I would lose my shit.

We just needed to wait a few more hours until they returned. Jess and I had seen a few pictures of the guys in a club and having drinks and made the right decision on not letting Hailey come anywhere near those pictures.

"why don't we go to the cinema room and watch a movie" Veronica announced. Veronica was just bored; she wasn't worrying about her man in a different country probably surrounded by beautiful women because she didn't have anyone.

She's bathing in that single life.

"that sounds good actually Vee, girls help me up" Hailey said suddenly snapping her eyes open. I thought she was asleep. Moving this woman is the hardest type of manual labour I've ever endured in my life.

I grabbed her right side whereas Jess took the other side. Vee the skinny girl could only make sure we didn't trip over anything.

We had successfully arrived in the cinema room. I went onto Leon's Netflix and decided on the movie we all loved. The other woman. Leslie is my actual hero in this movie.

"stop checking your phone "Hailey whispered over to me. For the first half of the movie I was constantly checking my phone for updates from Leon. He said he would text me on his way home, yet I haven't received a single message.

He must be really having fun.

Hasn't he learnt his lesson.

"how can I not, what if "she slapped my shoulder before the words could even leave my mouth. This is what they say about when people cheat on their partner. The lose all trust in their other half and it becomes mental battle.

I know that I have to trust Leon.

"Fine, I'll stop" I threw my phone on the seat next to me and cuddled up with my pillow my eyes watching the big screen as Leslie sat crying in her wedding dress. Oh, how we can relate.

This morning I was being a literal freak when I was walking around Leon's room, the master bedroom. I soon became too nosey and I was now looking through his collection on the nightstand.

My fingers ran over a very familiar box. A box that I opened on a very warm winters night.  Leon had just treated me to a dinner at our favourite restaurant. I arrived home to find My driveway covered in beautiful red and white roses.

He led me into the house my hands now full of red roses. Everywhere I looked there was pictures of us. From school to now. I cringed at some the hideous pictures that he had of us. But it was a sweet gesture.

Turning around I never expected Leon to be kneeling on one knee as he held out that Black box with a deep red ribbon around it.

Thinking back to that day I realised that Leon loved me with every fibre in his body.