17

Seventeen

My attention broke away from Leon when I realised Jayson was gently tugging on my dress. I leant down stroking his cheek softly. "Hey, baby, did you want some ice cream" I asked him. At the words ice cream he smiled jumping up and down.

He nodded his head excitedly. Leon laughed from beside me and that instantly made me forget about what I was originally thinking and now move my focus on to Jay.

After a few minutes walking around, we ended up at a quiet ice cream stall. Jayson picked out his flavours and watched with interest as the lady made his ice cream. When I saw the amount, she was putting in the cone I was alarmed.

It was already late, and that ice cream was going to keep Jayson up for the rest of the night and I wasn't sure whether I would be able to handle that.

Leon grasped my arm before I could stop her "Let him have it, it's a holiday anyways" I watched at Jayson's happy smiling face and I knew he was right.

"alright, but it's your job to get him to sleep tonight" I said nudging him, wanting to create a positive atmosphere. We still haven't spoken about our conversation, but I think we can wait to get back home until we do.

He grinned at me "You make it sound like it's a challenge, the boy loves me" he said paying the woman, leaving no room for objections.

Don't I know it. A total daddy's boy.

We continued our walk. I was at a total loss for words at the scenery here. The evenings were definitely the most beautiful part and I wanted to capture the view forever.

I was staring out in the distance when I turned to find Leon with his phone up. He mouthed smile, to me and took a picture.

I smiled letting him take the picture of me. this reminded me of back in school on that trip.

"My turn, your Instagram is full of business posts you need them to know that you're actually capable of having fun" I said standing back to get a good picture of him.

he glared over at me, but I could see the smile starting to appear. I took the perfect shot of him smirking over at me.

I stared down at the picture with a smile. "send that to me" he said coming over. I sent it to him through messenger.

"Home daddy, race" Jayson screamed in his little voice when the villa came into view. Jayson sprinted down the path his father hot on his heels.

I watched them both with happiness. Jayson's laughter was infectious.

When we arrived back, we played out in the pool for a bit. I was laying down reading a blog post when I watched Leon carrying a sleepy Jayson inside.

He's really proving to be an amazing father. Its making it extremely difficult for me to come up with any reason to not let him back in. to not only Jayson's life but also mine.

The cool breeze and fresh night air was finally making me feel sleepy after the day we have had. I couldn't help but close my eyes and catch maybe a few minutes.

"Hailey will you tell everyone I'm heading back to the hotel" I said standing up from the booth. The school trip was proving to be very hectic, I barely had time to relax when all my friends wanted to constantly spend time together as a group.

"sure, text me when you're in the room so I know you're safe" she said before turning to the others. I grabbed my bag and made my way out of the restaurant that we were in. I passed the boys table and gave them a discreet smile which seemed to be acknowledged by most of them. Although I seemed to lock eyes with Leonardo who stopped talking as I passed.