nine

i wake up a the sound of text messages from payton's phone.

we both turn left as payton is still spooning me (somehow we haven't moved from our positions last night)

he smiles at his phone and quickly types something before getting up and putting his clothes back on, but wearing a different shirt.

"where are you going?" i ask.

"uh, i'm going to uhm... chases house! ya i'm going to chases house he wants me to see him for a uh... project we're working on," he stutters.

"oh, ok. when will you be home?" I ask him.

"probably by 9 or ten," he looks at his clock. 9:26 a.m.

"ok babe i'm out i love you bye," he pecks my lips and runs out the door. I hear the door close downstairs and a car engine zooming away.

weird. i wonder what project it is.

PAYTONS PoV

i walk into the building filled with teenage girls with ange and chase.

"basically, she likes zumiez, forever 21, hollister, H&M, urban outfitters, vans, bath and body works and... ya that's about it." ange says nodding her head. both me and chase are looking at her like she's crazy.

"how do u know," i ask her.

"i'm her best friend, payton, she tells me everything and i tell her everything." she shrugs.

"wait like.... everything even se-" i'm about to say before angelina cuts me off.

"sometimes, sometimes she would be zoned out when we hung out after," she smiles. Chase raps his arm around anges waist as we walk into forever 21.

"oooo this would look so good on her," ange said running to a crop top.

this is what went on for literally the whole day. by the end we were exhausted. ange had literally tested lipstick on me making me smudge it everywhere. we had bought her at least 4 things from every store here. 

i quickly walk into victoria secret. I admit, it was a little uncomfortable being there by myself but once i saw what was on display, i thought of y/n and immediatly relaxed and added a few things to the cart.

I find a perfume i like and test it out on me and i love it. I quickly buy it and run back to the food court before they notice i was gone.

"whatcha got there payton" I turn around slowly and they are grinning at the bags i'm holding.

"uh... just some stuff," i say and look down.

"ok, at least we know not to come to your house for the next few days." We all laugh at what Ange said and walk out of the mall.

i put everything in the back trunk, knowing she never looks there, and zoom
home to my baby.