Chapter 3: Fight

CHAPTER 3: FIGHT

Naomi felt someone touch her shoulder; she cringed as she turned to see that it was Tyree. He wore a look of great concern on his face. He knows everything about his girlfriend. Especially about how traumatize she is when riding a car. He was always there for her, through her uncle’s death and the nightmares she screamed every night. He only wished that he was there when her parents died. The funny thing is that the army and the SWAT organization always fought about many criminal activities, from mass massacres to simple thievery. The aggressive ideas of the army are often rivaled by the negotiate thoughts of SWAT. It’s ironic how they found each other. Her hometown, California is where her parents died; his father just had a meeting with the generals about his retirement.

“What is it, Tyree?” Naomi asked, her voice trembling. Tyree could see the terror in her eyes. Seems that she is reminiscing the horrible memories of her past. Her grip on her dog tags is so tight, that her palm might bleed.

“Naomi, what’s wrong?” He asked softly.

“No-nothing… I’m fine…” She replied her voice was still hoarse.

“I know you’re not fine. Stop thinking about it too much, you’re fine, you’re with me. I promise nothing bad will happen to you.” Tyree said as he stared at her nervous gold eyes with his comforting green eyes. She managed to let out a smile, her trembling started to stop and her grip on her dog tag loosened. But Tyree was concerned about her. He didn’t know that she was scared because of the horrible thoughts of what might happen to him and the rest of her friends. She’s afraid of losing them; she doesn’t care what happens to her.

“Thanks.” she replied quietly.

“No problem.” He said as his eyes returned focused on the road.

She checked the rest of her friends, by turning her head at the back. Janel was drawing on her sketch pad; she continuously glanced at her sketchpad then outside the window. Maybe she was drawing the view outside. Grey was still listening to his iPod while he held his base in his hands, strumming silently. Randy was cleaning Tyree’s electric guitar.  Sandra was focused on her laptop. Naomi was bored, she opened her bag and grabbed her PSP. She played Loco Roco 2 what she thinks is the cutest game ever. When Janel heard the sound of her game, she also grabbed her PSP and started playing the game Patapon. A few minutes passed, she was still playing her game.

“Hey guys, check this out. I discovered something about California, the place where we are going.” Sandra called; they all turned to her except for Tyree who was focused on the road.

“What is it Sandra?” Grey asked curiously, taking off his earphones.

“California is filled with abandoned places, like hotels, churches, towns, cemeteries, hospitals and etc. Here is where the most secure prison is, Alcatraz.” Sandra explained turning to Naomi. The rest also turned to her with concern in their eyes. Naomi wore a deadpan.

“What? You think I’ll go to Alcatraz and kill those bastards?” Naomi asked lazily.

“Hmmm… knowing you, I would say a definite yes.” Grey said with crossed arms.

“Pff… I don’t give shit about it anymore. Now I’ll just return to my game of Loco Roco” She declared as she opened her PSP.

“Come on Sandra, you can’t seriously think our army girl could be that violent to barge in a secure prison and open their jail cells then strangle them.” Tyree joked with a chuckle.

“Whatever, I was just saying that California will be very different from Washington.” Sandra assumed.

“I’ll be expecting that” Janel said

“Anyway, I’m bored of listening to Linkin Park. Can I borrow your PSP for a while Naomi?” Grey asked boredly as he hands to Randy his base and moves closer to Alexis.

“No way, borrow Janel’s PSP.” Naomi said irritated.

“But you have the most awesome games. You have Jackass, Manhunt and even Tekken 6” Grey whined miserably.

“Whatever, I’m busy” She replied harshly.

“For fuck’s sake you’ve been playing it for a long time already. Let me borrow it!” Grey yelled angrily as he jumped to Janel and Sandra’s part of the passenger seat. Both of the girls gave an annoyed look at Grey as he sat between them.

“No” Naomi said shortly not turning her eyes away from her game. That’s the only thing Grey and Naomi had in common, they’re both stubborn.

Grey wore a fierce glare as he growled. He grabbed Naomi’s PSP.

“Hey! I told you I was doing something! Give it back!” She yelled furiously trying to reach her PSP.

“Let me play it for a while, here use my iPod” Grey pleaded as he handed her his iPod.

“I don’t want your damn iPod! Your songs suck! Just give me back my PSP already!” Naomi roared as she fiercely moves closer to Grey, she grabbed her PSP pulling it back. But Grey fought back by pulling it to. They both struggled on the gadget violently, like crazy animals.

“Quit being a stupid jerk!” Naomi growled sadistically.

“Stop being a kid!” He snarled back. Naomi moved closer to Grey

“Dumbass!” She screamed.

“Stop being a bitch!” Grey shouted back.

“Grey! You can’t talk to my girl like that! You little noob.” Tyree scolded venomously, slightly turning his head away from the road.

“Grey, just give Naomi her PSP back!” Randy demanded as he started to pull Grey back at the back passenger seat.

“Can’t you all just shut the hell up?! Fighting is how America was formed!!!” Janel yelled in anger. Then there was silence, Naomi harshly grabbed her PSP from Grey’s hand and returned to her seat at the front. Grey went back to his seat at the back to sulk.

“Finally… you two always fight over the most retarded things…” Sandra sighed in relief as she turns back her attention to her apple laptop. She always loved her laptop; I think she can give up anything she has just for that thing. Because all her pictures, song lyrics, profiles, diary, EVERYTHING is in that laptop.

“Cool! So I’m always the peacemaker?” Janel said with a playful grin.

“Whatever…” Grey brooded.